Rate Thread
Page 90 of 101 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 100 101
Re: Exciting News From Axiom!
Amie #379745 07/07/12 10:48 PM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Mine came with the same feet Charles got and I didn't order anything different. The only thing I ordered extra was the center channel with the DSP.
I have mine set up and like Charles the axiom logo on one speaker came off. No big deal. Will glue it back on. I am running mine with an Emotiva XPA-5. I know there have been some concerns about the Emotivas with the 4 ohm speakers. I ordered it early enough to try it with my M80s. I cranked them up to 110 db with my SPL and left the room and let them run for about an hour. No problems with the amp.
So I have the LFRs hookep up and ran Audyssey on the Onkyo. I am running the LFRs and the VP180 with the XPA-5 and the 4 QS8s with the Onkyo.
I really like the LFRs. In my opinion there is an improvement when running in 7.1 but the real improvement is in 2 channel stereo. These speakers are amazing in stereo. I am still playing around and listening to them and I am not really good at putting my opinions in words, but will be glad to answer any questions anyone may have. If I don't answer right away it is because I am in the basement listening to these great speakers.
I also moved my M80s upstairs to the living room and my wife loves them over the M22s. So we both win.

Like I said, they sound great in stereo and I have been listening for a while with just the LFRs. Not even using the EP500. The sound is really amazing including the bass. So if anyone has been thinking about these speakers for just stereo I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

Going to go listen some more.

stevej #379748 07/08/12 12:08 AM
devotee
devotee
Originally Posted By: stevej
Mine came with the same feet Charles got and I didn't order anything different. The only thing I ordered extra was the center channel with the DSP.
I have mine set up and like Charles the axiom logo on one speaker came off. No big deal. Will glue it back on. I am running mine with an Emotiva XPA-5. I know there have been some concerns about the Emotivas with the 4 ohm speakers. I ordered it early enough to try it with my M80s. I cranked them up to 110 db with my SPL and left the room and let them run for about an hour. No problems with the amp.
So I have the LFRs hookep up and ran Audyssey on the Onkyo. I am running the LFRs and the VP180 with the XPA-5 and the 4 QS8s with the Onkyo.
I really like the LFRs. In my opinion there is an improvement when running in 7.1 but the real improvement is in 2 channel stereo. These speakers are amazing in stereo. I am still playing around and listening to them and I am not really good at putting my opinions in words, but will be glad to answer any questions anyone may have. If I don't answer right away it is because I am in the basement listening to these great speakers.
I also moved my M80s upstairs to the living room and my wife loves them over the M22s. So we both win.

Like I said, they sound great in stereo and I have been listening for a while with just the LFRs. Not even using the EP500. The sound is really amazing including the bass. So if anyone has been thinking about these speakers for just stereo I can't imagine you would be disappointed.

Going to go listen some more.

that's great news stevej! the emotiva amp thing was from a very long time ago and it was not with the XPA-5. i too have an XPA-5 and run a pair of M80v3, a pair of QS8v3 & a VP180v3 and it never even gets hot; just warm is all. amp wise your good to go using the XPA-5 for your LFR's.

when you get a chance could you throw a couple of pictures of the LFR setup. and i'd love to hear (pun intended) some more about your thoughts after you have gotten some more listening time in.

what types of music are you listening too? what medium (SACD/DSD, DVD-a, HI-REZ FLAC, CD) also, what are you playing said medium with (an oppo or what) and lastly, what pre-amp are you using?

thanks a lot buddy, enjoy your new speakers and their gear. also are you using RCA OR XLR interconnects?

thanks for your time!

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93
Amie #379749 07/08/12 12:14 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I noticed you said that you ran Audyssey, do the preouts on the Onkyo bypass the Audyssey or still implement it?

Also what’s Axiom’s take on using Audyssey with the LFRs especially considering that Audyssey recommends using only direct radiating speakers? I’m also curious what effects running Audyssey will have concidering the speakers have specific left and right DPS boards.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
Amie #379750 07/08/12 12:57 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
I am using an Onkyo 3007 an a preamp. Using cds on a Pioneer Elite cd player. Listening to mostly older rock such as Doobies, Chicago, Journey, Foreigner, etc. Also some country. Will get some classical out later and give it a try.
I am using RCA from the preamp to the DSP can't use XLR. Am also using RCA from the DSP to the XPA-5 but have XLRs ordered.
Will get some pictures in the next day or so. Need to get the room in order first.
Grunt, the Audyssey worked with the preouts. But it did have the XLRs set to -6. so I am not sure it liked the speakers.

CV #379751 07/08/12 01:11 AM
shareholder in the making
Charles, a couple weeks ago it was me who suggested that there was no good reason for you not to enjoy the full use of the LFR1100s while waiting for the new amplifiers. You replied that you could be "patient", but as I suspected, now that they've arrived you're "very eager" to hear them in full operation with DSP. The new amplifiers certainly should be nice, but they're not essential for the full operation of the LFR1100s at this time.

As I mentioned before, feed player to DSP, DSP front driver outs to front inputs on Onkyo 708, DSP back driver outs to surround inputs on 708. Set receiver for 4.0 operation, of course, and connect speaker wires. Simple, and tonight you can start enjoying your speakers as they were designed to be heard.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

grunt #379752 07/08/12 01:19 AM
Dean, the pre-outs on any receiver necessarily have to include any processing which has taken place farther up the line. If the processing, such as Audyssey, has been turned off, then of course it isn't there to go out the pre-outs.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

JohnK #379754 07/08/12 02:10 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Originally Posted By: JohnK
As I mentioned before, feed player to DSP, DSP front driver outs to front inputs on Onkyo 708, DSP back driver outs to surround inputs on 708. Set receiver for 4.0 operation, of course, and connect speaker wires. Simple, and tonight you can start enjoying your speakers as they were designed to be heard.

I decided to go ahead and try it out, but I'm running into difficulty. I can't seem to find the mode that takes the four channels straight through to the speakers. Direct only outputs 2.0, and I don't think I want to apply any of the Dolby, DTS, or THX modes, do I? I can't seem to find a mode where it simply says "Multich" or whatever. It's either Direct in 2.0, or one of the music, movie, or game modes.

Amie #379755 07/08/12 02:26 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Hey Charles would all channel stereo work?

Amie #379756 07/08/12 02:30 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
Spent some more time listening and trying the different surround modes. They sound really good in surround, but I really do like just the LFRs in stereo. And I also like them without the sub. Anxious to hear what others have to say once they give them a listen. So far I am really impressed. Not one bit sorry I spent the money on these speakers.

stevej #379757 07/08/12 02:34 AM
C
CV Offline
C
Originally Posted By: stevej
Hey Charles would all channel stereo work?

I wouldn't think so. I would think that would just copy the front signals, not let the back signals from the DSP through, but then I'm not the most familiar with all of the workings of these modes. I've just been sticking with Dolby PLIIx Music mode, since I assume it's not doing too much to the signal, right?

Page 90 of 101 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 100 101

Moderated by  alan, Andrew, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters