Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Gun owners?
dakkon #380739 07/26/12 09:41 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Who cares what Canadians think about guns or hockey for that matter.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
dakkon #380740 07/26/12 10:34 PM
dakkon Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Richard,

The whole point of me asking this group of people my question is, i did not want to get replies from gun fanatics, ect i wanted a more educated open minded opinion on the matter.. I think it would be safe to say that the majority of the regularly contributing members on this form are pretty level headed people for the most part. This is why i asked my question to this group of people...

I view a gun as just a piece of machinery for lack of a better description. It is several parts of steel machined into a tool. Granted this tool can harm living things. But, so can a chain saw.. That is also just a tool, used to cut down living trees... Now, some would say you can not make the comparison between a human or an animal and a tree.. But, factually speaking, they are all living organisms... This is my personal point of view...

Also, to put my view in perspective. When i was in the military, i was one of many guys that operated one of the most deadly weapons ever constructed... infinitely more deadly than any type of hand gun, but we operated in a safe manner....

That is all that i feel like saying to address the previous posts...

Also,
I did put this thread in the water cooler, and not the home theater section. So, i should get credit for that.. smile

Today i went to a range and shot the Sig p226, as well as a springfield XD-9.

I liked the sig better, but had better grouping with the springfield... I do not think i would like a glock due to the way

I did not intend on offending anyone, like i said earlier in this post, i figured this would be the best place for an educated unbiased opinion. There are so many people into so many different things here, that this is probably one of the best places for any kind of knowledge in all honestly.

Gr8_White_North #380741 07/26/12 10:36 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: Socketman
it seems the usa has more than its fair share of retards . Great to be a canadian.

Being Canadian myself IMO find the Canadian bashing American thing in regards to guns to be nothing more than self-righteousness.

We have just as many twisted people with guns in Canada. Not to mention ice picks. Quite a few Canadians with guns killing innocent people has been a common news story JUST in the city of Toronto as of late. To think Canadians are immune to sick and evil people with guns is highly flawed.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne
dakkon #380743 07/27/12 01:45 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

The XD is a very good choice. I have a XD subcompact that groups better for me than any other compact I have shot. I guess I have put at least 2K rounds through it with no malfunctions what so ever. It doesn't care what kind of ammo you use.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

dakkon #380744 07/27/12 02:12 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: dakkon

I did put this thread in the water cooler, and not the home theater section. So, i should get credit for that.. smile

+1

Originally Posted By: dakkon

Today i went to a range and shot the Sig p226, as well as a springfield XD-9.

I liked the sig better, but had better grouping with the springfield... I do not think i would like a glock due to the way

... the way it ???

The group size may have a lot to do with the trigger feel. XD's are nice - can't go wrong there. Both the XD and 226 are a tad big in my hands - that's why I went with the 229. My Dad has a Kimber 1911-framed 9mm. Sweet when it operates correctly, but jams frequently (stove pipe) - regardless of ammo - so he's not happy with it. An armorer wants $400-500 to smooth it out. When you pay $1200 for a custom gun, it shouldn't need extra work. Never had a problem with my Sig - other than the price I paid; post-election paranoia raised prices by a good 20%.

Scott

Scott

My HT
dakkon #380746 07/27/12 02:53 AM
dakkon Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: a401classic

... the way it ???

The group size may have a lot to do with the trigger feel. XD's are nice - can't go wrong there. Both the XD and 226 are a tad big in my hands - that's why I went with the 229.
Scott

Would you believe i spent 15 minutes composing that reply!!...

And I left that sentence incomplete!!.....

I don't want a glock due to the way the barel release mechanism works, I can tell i would not like dealing with the small tabs that they use....

While the XD did have a closer grouping, i had a little trouble getting the first round off after a reload a couple times.. This could be due to my own ignorance, i'm not sure.. The other disadvantage of the XD was the rear safety.. I did not like how if you did not grip it quite tight enough it would not fire... The P226 did not have this issue, due to not having a safety. I liked the XD's trigger better than the Sig's though.

The XD and the 226 were actually a little too small for my hand, the large Glock that i previously referenced has been the gun that has felt the best so far.

2x6spds #380751 07/27/12 03:35 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
A free people must have the right to bear arms or their freedom is at the sufferance of a government with a monopoly on armed force.

So you actually think an armed American populace has any chance whatsoever against our military?

pmbuko #380755 07/27/12 05:03 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
A free people must have the right to bear arms or their freedom is at the sufferance of a government with a monopoly on armed force.

So you actually think an armed American populace has any chance whatsoever against our military?

I thought the same thing, Peter.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's clearly a statement supporting revolutionary people and groups like The Black Panther Party who rightly carried weapons because their existence was threatened by racist pigs and a racist government.

And nobody NEEDS a RIGHT to bear arms in case their government runs amok LOL!

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
dakkon #380756 07/27/12 05:33 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Cam, some people might interpret your comment as belittling the fundamental individual liberties upon which our nation was founded and has flourished for the last 200+ years. Personally, I would hesitate to restate any premise of the Canadian Constitution and end my commentary with "LOL". I mean, I'm not a raving nationalist and I don't own any guns, but disparaging cultures of other nations is not usually friendly territory.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
dakkon #380757 07/27/12 05:40 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
And, since we're close to the usual cliff, I'll go ahead and offer this up for consideration:

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (spiroh), 368 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup