Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: To what extreme?
tomtuttle #401555 03/01/14 01:59 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'll take that, though all round tables are a waste of space, even if they are Algonquin.

When the next Crimean War breaks again out next week, can I be Florence Nightingale the II?

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
brwsaw #401558 03/01/14 05:17 PM
B
brwsaw Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
When I started this thread I had no clue just how far people will go to improve the sound of their room.
Now I closely watch a dozen or so threads on a half dozen forums just to see what people with more time and more money than me do to make those 1/2/3% improvements.
Me, I've got a few ideas still to try, beginning with reclaiming 12 square feet of my room by pushing the screen back a foot. I need to get the front wall finished first.
Already incredibly happy with the way its coming together.
My third sub should be here today or tomorrow and I'm looking forward to making 3 work again(the former non performer is acting as a drink holder).
For all the BS involved tweaking is still my favorite (and most hated) part of the hobby.
To think of all the hours and money put in for a moment lost/experienced at a subconscious level. Just to be there, in the moment.
Wish some of you were closer, I could use a friendly tease or advise (in the real world)sometimes.

brwsaw #401622 03/03/14 04:32 PM
B
brwsaw Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
When I started this thread I had no clue just how far people will go to improve the sound of their room.
Now I closely watch a dozen or so threads on a half dozen forums just to see what people with more time and more money than me do to make those 1/2/3% improvements.
Me, I've got a few ideas still to try, beginning with reclaiming 12 square feet of my room by pushing the screen back a foot. I need to get the front wall finished first.
Already incredibly happy with the way its coming together.
My third sub should be here today or tomorrow and I'm looking forward to making 3 work again(the former non performer is acting as a drink holder).
For all the BS involved tweaking is still my favorite (and most hated) part of the hobby.
To think of all the hours and money put in for a moment lost/experienced at a subconscious level. Just to be there, in the moment.
Wish some of you were closer, I could use a friendly tease or advise (in the real world)sometimes.

As a quick follow up to the post above...
I couldn't find my RCA splitter while trying to connect the new(used) sub and ended up using the cup holder (8" crap sub) which has 1 in 2 out. Worked great.
I decided to tweak the other subs with the 4th in the mix. It was already powered up so it made sense.
It also made for an interesting blend session. I got them playing nice most of the time but when there is a short low burst it sounds like they're all going to rattle themselves apart/split down the middle.
The new (used) sub is a bit of a let down though. I'm going to open it up then to check the connections inside and run it by itself to see exactly whats up.

brwsaw #401632 03/04/14 05:17 AM
M
old hand
old hand
M
I think so when I eat any PEI moonshine I'll be on Murph's docking place. I might follow organic tea at Ian and Amie's.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters