Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
6 registered (St_PatGuy, onn, Boltron, Socketman, MarkSJohnson, Kevin1), 112 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12652 Members
11 Forums
22679 Topics
400339 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17695
pmbuko 16220
SirQuack 13309
CV 11053
MarkSJohnson 10666
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#386380 - 11/30/12 07:44 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: cb919]
chesseroo Offline
connoisseur

Loc: western canada
Originally Posted By: cb919
Originally Posted By: chesseroo

Apparently Manitoba has Fanta pop though. I'm more of a Pop Shoppe fan myself.
So, whatever happened to them?

They are still around - trying to make a comeback even - although I really don't get their website

Wacky but cool.
Can't say i've seen any around Manitoba yet.
I would buy it though.

#387586 - 01/01/13 03:04 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: chesseroo]
MarkSJohnson Online   happy
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
Feeling a bit Tippy.......

More and more, restaurants are offering meals to-go. More than fast food, some of these dinners are pretty elaborate, and sometimes it's even brought out to your car when you park in a certain designated area.

So, what do you tip these people? They are certainly taking time to assemble and package your meal, yet they aren't "serving" you in multiple courses, taking away your plates, refilling drinks, etc.

I never use the drive-up...I always walk in. I routinely tip 25% at sit-down restaurants, but that just seems like an awful lot for someone who is handing you a bag.
Tip on Tipping:
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/01/13 03:03 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#387589 - 01/01/13 03:33 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
CatBrat Offline
axiomite

Loc: Some random location
I work with a younger guy that has worked several years as a waiter. Here's the rules according to him. At a sit down meal, it's 15 to 20 percent. 10% tells waiter it was poor service. No tips are remembered, and your meal might get spit on your next visit.

No tip for a takeout meal, unless it's processed in the bar where a 10% tip to bartender is expected.

Waiters have to pay the restraint back about 3% per table, even if no tip was left. I forgot the reason. Goes towards other workers salaries, I think.

Applebee's have those where you park at a certain spot for to go meals. I always go inside instead so I don' have to tip. I assume you''d tip for those spots, since some is assigned to serve them.

Edited by CatBrat (01/01/13 03:36 PM)

#387591 - 01/01/13 03:41 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
I've started to tip for to-go orders, but it's not often that it comes up. Basically, there's one place I like to go that has a schedule that conflicts with my own. On occasion, I'm able to leave work early and catch them at the end of their hours of operation, when they're no longer seating patrons, and the only option is take-out. Either that or I've clocked out for an extended dinner break, and I get that to-go as well, since I'm usually taking food back for a coworker. In any case, they're very thoughtful in how they prepare the food for transportation, and to me, that's just as valuable as refilling my water and checking up on me.

#388339 - 01/13/13 05:27 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: CV]
Ray3 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Rochester, NY
This is a bit indelicate, but an aggravating battle prompts the question.

Why are plunger heads ROUND while the toilet opening they are intended to seal so you can use the power of compressed air is OVAL?

Do plunger designers not LOOK at the toilet opening?

(Sorry - that's a double "I've Always Wondered...").

Edited by Ray3 (01/13/13 05:28 PM)

#388341 - 01/13/13 06:18 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
MarkSJohnson Online   happy

Loc: Central NH
Burrito Sunday today?

#388362 - 01/13/13 09:50 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Do ISPs sprinkle fairy dust on your connection to make it go faster when you upgrade your service?

After talking to two techs from my provider, that's the best explanation I can come up with. They sure couldn't answer the question (other than saying they don't use throttling to manage download speed).

Even more confusing, when I signed up with this new provider, I thought I was on a 6 Mbps 300 gb/month service, but was getting up to 14 Mbps most of the time. According to the techs, only 3 Mbps was available when I signed up, so that's what my account was set up as.

Maybe the Techs were snorting fairy dust...

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#388365 - 01/13/13 11:32 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: MarkSJohnson]
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Burrito Sunday today?

Burrito? Are you kidding? With the size of Ray's appetite, you bring a burro or you go home.

#388393 - 01/14/13 12:58 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: fredk]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Originally Posted By: fredk
Do ISPs sprinkle fairy dust on your connection to make it go faster when you upgrade your service?

After talking to two techs from my provider, that's the best explanation I can come up with. They sure couldn't answer the question (other than saying they don't use throttling to manage download speed).

Even more confusing, when I signed up with this new provider, I thought I was on a 6 Mbps 300 gb/month service, but was getting up to 14 Mbps most of the time. According to the techs, only 3 Mbps was available when I signed up, so that's what my account was set up as.

Maybe the Techs were snorting fairy dust...

I believe I could answer some of your technical questions here. However, I'm thinking they were not actually serious questions. Can't answer the varied signup speed question though. I'll leave that between you and your ISP.

#388413 - 01/14/13 06:03 PM Re: I've Always Wondered... (Insert Question Here! [Re: Murph]
Ray3 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Rochester, NY
To hell with that.

Where can I get a couple of pounds of fairy dust?

Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.