AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (newf, MarkSJohnson, Gary Vose Sr), 77 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22895 Topics
404600 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16279
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#387719 - 01/03/13 03:16 PM Nee advice.. is it ok to split preamp output
JBG Offline
devotee

need advice to hookup the HT sofa seat with amplified speakers in headset and butt kickers with volume control .. I think the normal way to do this is to hookup through channel outputs (I belive to be sub & center channel rca's) but since I have just bought an ext amp for the reciever the outputs are taken, can I use a rca splitter for the center channel & sub proouts on the amp between exterior amp & sofa seat speakers or is this not a good idea

Edited by Johnny_Be_Good (01/03/13 03:39 PM)

#387730 - 01/03/13 09:34 PM Re: Nee advice.. is it ok to split preamp output [Re: JBG]
JohnK Offline
shareholder in the making

JBG, don't know what "amplified speakers in headset" are and why the center channel is involved, but putting a "Y" type splitter on pre-outs is fine. The same voltage(not half)is output on each branch.

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#387782 - 01/04/13 07:23 PM Re: Nee advice.. is it ok to split preamp output [Re: JBG]
JBG Offline
devotee

JohnK,

thanks for responding, what I meant was amplifed speakers in the headrest of my paliser HT sofa (2 in headrest + butkicker per seat) they are mono so my best guess is center channel. For the shaker that is to be plugged in the sub out There wasn't alot of explanation in the paliser manual, called them but they have no HT knowlege.. however they know alot about selling recliners

Edited by Johnny_Be_Good (01/04/13 07:25 PM)

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.