Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-866-244-8796 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Our Newest Flagship Model: The M100

Why We Make Our Own Drivers

Wall'O'Fame
"Serenity Cinema", now with 40% extra Serenity!
Updated as requested.
Who's Online
3 registered (SBrown, Ajax, CV), 204 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
12712 Members
11 Forums
22686 Topics
400525 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17696
pmbuko 16225
SirQuack 13311
CV 11062
MarkSJohnson 10681
Meanwhile On Facebook

8| Don't miss Andrew Welker's post on our message boards about the new subwoofer...

󾓲 The April Newsletter is out! Did you get your copy? http://www.axiomaudio.co...

Double-take! :O How well do you know our line? First one to spot the surprise...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#393945 - 06/10/13 10:40 PM Re: An Amazing Gin! [Re: BlueJays1]
St_PatGuy Offline
axiomite

Loc: Glendale, Arizona
Recently had the pleasure of trying Plymouth. Received a bottle as a gift. I liked it quite a bit.

Always been a huge fan of g&t's, well, except when I was a little kid cuz that would be wrong. Tanqueray and Sapphire, I find, are good solid bases to start with. Tanqueray is a little more bold, but I find I prefer the Sapphire a little better. Brings an extra edge of depth and refinement.

I do agree with you, BlueJays, that Tanqueray 10 is on another level. Really bumps up the smoothness.

#394380 - 06/20/13 03:59 PM Re: An Amazing Gin! [Re: BlueJays1]
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
We had a blind gin tasting at my 40th birthday last year. We sampled 8 different "top shelf" gins. Who came out on top?

This guy...

http://aviationgin.com/

#394381 - 06/20/13 04:22 PM Re: An Amazing Gin! [Re: BlueJays1]
tomtuttle Offline
axiomite

Loc: Tacoma
Craig, I had some of that at the Washington Distillers' Festival last weekend. Unfortunately, by then, my tastebuds were pretty much shot, so I'll have to find their tasting room next time I am in PDX.

One interesting, thing, though: Crater Lake Gin is "wet" (juniper added after distillation) and has only that one botanical. I thought I'd hate it, but it was really quite a revelation. I'm not really a gin guy, but it's really fun to learn.

My sense is that PNW water (which does not contain a lot of suspended minerals) seems to make quite a positive difference in my preferences. I'm really bullish on craft distilling at the moment.

#394400 - 06/20/13 10:15 PM Re: An Amazing Gin! [Re: St_PatGuy]
BlueJays1 Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Porch,enjoying Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Recently had the pleasure of trying Plymouth. Received a bottle as a gift. I liked it quite a bit.

Always been a huge fan of g&t's, well, except when I was a little kid cuz that would be wrong. Tanqueray and Sapphire, I find, are good solid bases to start with. Tanqueray is a little more bold, but I find I prefer the Sapphire a little better. Brings an extra edge of depth and refinement.

I do agree with you, BlueJays, that Tanqueray 10 is on another level. Really bumps up the smoothness.

Tanqueray does make an excellent, traditional gin & tonic. 10 is indeed a top notch gin. I'm glad you enjoyed your bottle of Plymouth. I have always been interested in their Navy strength but can never find it.

-Max Payne

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.