So im not sure if anyone is interested but I have some down time waiting for primer to dry so here goes. Yesterday I got a late start. Cutting the 90s round over and filling and sanding took a lot longer than I remember. To top it off it wont stop raining here, more rain in the past 2 days than we usually get all summer. With the unrelenting rain , outdoor painting was out so I decided to make a spray booth with plastic and use a couple heaters to speed things along. Spraying all six sides at once is nasty, so I will spray the color coat on the bottom then stand the box on my bench for the rest. I bought the components from Creative Sound Solutions in Vancouver BC. It is tuned to 27hz using weights in the centers of the 2 passive radiators.
In the background of the woofer pics is the first plasma I bought 7 yrs ago for $1800 . On Friday my kid comes out to the shop and says it went pop and the picture disappeared. I have been waiting for it to happen, these LG sets were not very reliable. It has about 8000 hrs on it. Thanks to the internet , I found the culprit and parts are being procured.
If I do anymore of this sort of stuff I will definetly be investing in some cordless tools. With a shop vac, table saw,drill,sander, skill saw 2 routers , jig saw,fan ,bench grinder and an unruly air line things got pretty F'd up at times. I will also retract my recommendation of the skill router. Do not buy a router with a removable base , they just don't sit straight. I will be getting a fixed base router for more intricate work. Live and learn .
Sanding Sanding Sanding
First Coat of Primer
XBL2 Subductive Woofer
2 Passive Radiators