AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13310 Members
11 Forums
22847 Topics
403705 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17753
pmbuko 16267
SirQuack 13323
CV 11162
MarkSJohnson 10853
Meanwhile On Facebook

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Pre-order our new in-ceiling speakers and save 25%! Offer ends August 11th.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#397640 - 10/05/13 01:05 PM Re: New music software: DB PowerAmp / Perfect Tunes [Re: chesseroo]
Damien Offline
frequent flier

With EAC after you put the cd in hit ALT G. It will grab the album art and track titles. You can try it free for ten cds then it will ask for a one time fee for $7.99 US I found it to be very accurate.

#397759 - 10/11/13 03:09 AM Re: New music software: DB PowerAmp / Perfect Tunes [Re: Murph]
Shane White Offline
veteran

Loc: Perth, Western Australia
Originally Posted By: Murph

My beloved and formerly trusty Squeezebox is starting to act up as well. More and more it freezes up as you move through the menus with the remote. If I use my tablet or iPod to control it, it seems fine.

Honestly, it's never been the same since Logitech bought them out and started applying patches to the server for the fancier versions they developed.

My Squeezebox expired, so now I use an old laptop running Ubuntu and a Squeezebox emulator. I have added a USB sound card as the laptop audio leaves much to be desired.

I have also used a Raspberry Pi for this purpose.

#397766 - 10/11/13 08:01 AM Re: New music software: DB PowerAmp / Perfect Tunes [Re: michael_d]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
Brilliant!
If you network it, do you know if the Apple/Android remote control apps will work with a Squeezebox emulator?

Although I suppose if you get to that point, there are other options. I just really like my Squeezebox though. So far, it is the only system that I have seen so far that allows you to customize it (with a good bit of effort) to handle a classical library properly.
ie..
Works by Composer
Works by Conductor
Works by Artist/Orchestra
Orchestras by Composer
Conductors by Works
and so on
and so on
and.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.