AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (Stsalomon90, oakvillematt, newf), 59 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13328 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405170 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13340
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10939
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#399361 - 12/18/13 07:08 PM Re: M60 questions on upgrades and wattage requirements [Re: dakkon]
FosterCO Offline

Just thought I'd post an update. I got the M60's a little more than a month ago. I am very happy with them. I think they deliver excellent sound, and I especially like the low bass. The only negative was that they exposed my need for a tube roll, but that was needed anyway. I am also very happy with them as home theatre reinforcement. Saving Private Ryan beach landing was intense.

As for room size and volume levels, there is no problem here (at least to me!). With my amp at half power the music needs to be shouted over, which is too loud for my tastes. The sound is nicely audible all over the main level.

I may buy a Hegel H100 eventually, because not having a remote control on my old tube amp is getting inconvenient.

In retrospect maybe I should have gotten the die-cast baskets, as my lady simply loves the look of the speakers without the grill. But who saw that coming?!? grin .

Oh and the Sorrel Pear finish was the right choice. Not too orange, not too bright. Just a nice reddish brown.

All in all, I've got the sound I wanted.

Happy holidays all!

#399380 - 12/19/13 01:49 AM Re: M60 questions on upgrades and wattage requirements [Re: FosterCO]
brwsaw Offline
connoisseur

What does Sorrel pear look like?

#400266 - 01/22/14 02:28 AM Re: M60 questions on upgrades and wattage requirements [Re: FosterCO]
MichaelTrottar Offline
old hand

If what you currently have are about the same or less delicate then the m60s should be able to perform just as noisy or noisier.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.