Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Enough is Enough..
JBG #401193 02/19/14 12:38 AM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
I have been in a couple of these large courier distribution centers and if you saw how the cartons were handled you would cringe. The truck does all the pickups, gets in to the depot shortly after 8 PM where the shipment is immediately unloaded, scanned, then dumped(literally) on to a conveyor belt for a follow up scan then loaded on to the next vehicle for delivery and that is only if its a local shipment. If it is going long distance than usually it will be loaded and unloaded at least twice and if you are getting other carriers involved in the process then there is even MORE unloading and loading. Obviously, the more the carton is handled the more chance for damage.

Realistically, if a box arrives at my residence without any noticeable damage to the carton, now that would be a surprise.

Last edited by casey01; 02/19/14 12:39 AM.
MarkSJohnson #401197 02/19/14 01:23 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I just came in from snow blowing and I’d say we have close to a foot right now from today's storm and several more hours before it's over.

I measured 29" in our backyard as of earlier today.

Thank God I bought the Ariens last year. Best snow blower I've ever owned. It handles well, goes through everything and throws it one hell of a long distance!

I saw a guy on the news somewhere in the US they filmed him snowblowing , only one of the augers was turning. All I could think was how long it was goin to take him to get done. Living where I do , it amazes me how much snow you are getting and we don't have jack shit here.We had a pretty good couple of dumps in Nov and it looked like it was going to be a stellar season,then it warmed up to melting and we lost at least half of what we had and the rest is hard and crusty.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Gr8_White_North #401203 02/19/14 03:44 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I just came in from snow blowing and I’d say we have close to a foot right now from today's storm and several more hours before it's over.

I measured 29" in our backyard as of earlier today.

Thank God I bought the Ariens last year. Best snow blower I've ever owned. It handles well, goes through everything and throws it one hell of a long distance!

I saw a guy on the news somewhere in the US they filmed him snowblowing , only one of the augers was turning. All I could think was how long it was goin to take him to get done. Living where I do , it amazes me how much snow you are getting and we don't have jack shit here.We had a pretty good couple of dumps in Nov and it looked like it was going to be a stellar season,then it warmed up to melting and we lost at least half of what we had and the rest is hard and crusty.

Same here. It was 10 above a month ago and is above 0 now.
Lots of melting, T shirt weather,lol.
The kids are enjoying it.

JBG #401271 02/21/14 12:36 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Well.....our 8" is long gone. Temp was up to 69 yesterday and will be above 60 for the rest of the weekend......Just sayin'

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill
JBG #401272 02/21/14 01:57 PM
axiomite
axiomite
We got some really heavy rain yesterday. It was supposed to turn to snow mid-afternoon, but never did. The temps hovered around 35F until about 8:00pm last night. Lots of snow is gone, but there was so much to start with that we still have an easy 24" left for most of our front yard, the back yard faces south, so it is anywhere from about an inch to about a foot depending on how much sun has been hitting it.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
JBG #401274 02/21/14 02:57 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Yesterday I drove through about two feet of fresh, fluffy powder for much of my drive to work as the plows hadn't gotten to my road yet.

Cutting the first trail through fresh powder in a truck is not as much fun as doing it on skis, but somehow it still feels kinda good.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters