Print Thread
Rate Thread
Cool Things Etc
#401571 03/02/14 09:05 AM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Hi guys,

It's not often that I come across something very cool that seems to make modern life a bit more worthwhile, so I wanted to share, FWIW.

Parrot Zik: I just got a pair of these headphones, and if they don't break right away, they are amazing. I mean, some of you may recall I am not exactly a fan of headphones (I've never found a pair I like and I HATE earbuds) but these are something else. Not perfect, not the holy grail, but I never even knew there was a grail before I tried these.

Odd rhetoric aside, the Parrot(s) have seamless bluetooth, with extremely cool gestures/controls, noise cancellation (good for travel and I can listen in bed when I can't sleep without disturbing my wife), and a pretty impressive EQ system which seems to work better than it should, i.e., other software EQs don't seem as smooth and/or noticeable when you adjust the settings.

Of course to you audiophiles the blue tooth and noise cancellation may be a nonstarter, but for convenience which to me is the main concept in headphones, these are pretty killer. They are the first pair of headphones I've found that I can honestly say I don't automatically have buyer's remorse.

Reconnect: from IVL, this supplement somehow helps restore hearing. I've read about research in the Netherlands or whereever has shown that Alpha Lipoic Acid helps prevent age related hearing loss in animals, but along comes a supplement that claims to restore hearing that is already impaired. OK, I'm deaf, so I'll bite. Surprisingly it works: Now my wife is asking me what the dialogue just was in True Detective, rather than the reverse. Maybe it just cleans the wax out of your ears, who knows, but my brothers, it's a good thing.

Axiom: So yes, I wish I could afford the new omnidirectional speakers, but it's hard to feel sorry for myself as I listen to my v2 7.2 M80 Axiom system powered by an Axiom ADA-15000 amplifier. If I ever become rich I will upgrade but I can't help but see myself as the luckiest dog ever with the setup I have, which is more than I deserve.

Cheers,
SK

Last edited by SatKartr; 03/02/14 09:48 AM.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."
Re: Cool Things Etc
SatKartr #401580 03/02/14 06:14 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
These are very interesting and they have a lot of thought put in to their features. For some the latest BT would probably be more desirable but for me my hearing is not perfect either so A2DP sounds just fine. Having NFC is a great addition as well. I think these may catch on. On a side note would it not be wonderfull if apple wasn't such a bunch of ass clowns. seriously I own android products and apple, I really shouldn't have to have 2 of everything just because Apple wont play nice.

Last edited by Socketman; 03/02/14 06:18 PM.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Gr8_White_North #401778 03/09/14 02:41 AM
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Not an apple fan either, just had to restore my daughter's ipad3 due to a hardware failure/replacement but itunes backup could not compute, even though I must concede the advent of the smartphone era to SJ & Co.

FWIW we have no other apple products but the parrot works well on my s3 and s4.

Don't know anything about the latest bluetooth standards but I agree it is the wireless and the features that make these stand out, listening to my grado 225s right now and they seem to sound better, wired as they are.

As I said, it seems to be the convenience that makes me favor these.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."
SatKartr #401786 03/09/14 05:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I've got a pair of sennheiser momentum's that I use at the office. I can see the allure of these. There have been a couple times that I have gotten up and started to walk away with my momentum's on; followed by a thud, of my phone falling to the floor.... The blue tooth option would be great for an u tethered connection.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044