Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Understanding Tech Specs on A/V Equipment
tomtuttle #402896 04/11/14 09:39 PM
shareholder in the making
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
You don't need credentials.

You need to be pleasant.

Also, it would be nice if you learned the difference between your -- as in "Your speakers are very accurate." -- and you're -- as in "I don't believe you're right about that." This is grade school stuff, and getting it right would really help us take you seriously.

Well, that and an improved personality.

AlaskanAVGuy #402898 04/11/14 09:42 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
I want to know what your teaching background is? Your sig.

AlaskanAVGuy #402899 04/11/14 09:52 PM
A
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
A
It was JB on post #402848 who started calling me teacher so I
gladly accepted the title which he gave to me.

Funny is it not....uh oh should I have said isn't?

Anymore distractions that you have for us???
Or are you just trying to bully this forum further off topic...

Last edited by AlaskanAVGuy; 04/11/14 09:54 PM.

The Teacher is in: Trust but Verify
AlaskanAVGuy #402900 04/11/14 09:54 PM
Originally Posted By: AlaskanAVGuy
As I have already stated above you must have missed what I was referring to. Which is Exponential Growth of Power, as it takes TWICE as much POWER to have +3dB gain.

Use reading comprehension to try and understand the point I was making as you too are trying to manipulate the manner and meaning of what I intended to convey to the reader. I thought that this was clear but apparently some need help in understanding my meaning.

Why would I say that adding another speaker would Double the output...It will only add +3dB.

But nice graph i'm glad you used this although it is pointless because it takes about 10 Times as much POWER to Double sound.

Next smile

You don't seem to understand exponents. Multiplying something by two -- i.e. doubling -- results in linear growth. Multiplying by 10 also results in linear growth. Exponential growth requires ... drumroll, please ... exponents!

An exponent is the x in the mathematical expression "2 to the x power," which translates to "2 multiplied by itself x times." The larger x is, the faster the value accelerates upward.

pmbuko #402901 04/11/14 09:55 PM
A
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
A
Great post you sure work hard to find fault where their is none as already explained above....this has already been discussed.

Next

Last edited by AlaskanAVGuy; 04/11/14 09:58 PM.

AlaskanAVGuy #402902 04/11/14 09:58 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
I guess the point I would make is anyone can do what you are doing. Any newcomer to the hobby can find out the very basics that you are presenting with google.

Experience is worth something, whatever it is.

What experience do you bring to the table? What is your background? A hobbyist? Industry? Installer? Sales?

AlaskanAVGuy #402903 04/11/14 10:01 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Why cant you act as an equal?

AlaskanAVGuy #402905 04/11/14 10:08 PM
A
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
A
Can you link me to posts where you have already talked about this subject and explained it? As I have stated at the beginning of this Forum that I started. I'm here to discuss Tech Specs on A/V Equipment for newbs and veterans alike. Because talking about the Fundamentals is a valuable thing.

Just like when I was younger I played basketball in college and even in college we still practiced our Fundamentals.

If this topic is too simple for you then you dont have to waste your time by bullying those of us that like discussing this.

Last edited by AlaskanAVGuy; 04/11/14 10:10 PM.

AlaskanAVGuy #402911 04/11/14 10:54 PM
This is not a sport. Just because we're on your court doesn't mean you need to practice your pick-and-roll on us. You didn't start this forum. You started a thread on this forum. The forum is a collection threads, topics, and individuals. We, the individuals, give respect where it is deserved. Thus far your behavior has demonstrated that you are not worthy of our respect. This is why we hound you, don't let your mistakes (grammatical and technical) slip, and why we poke fun at you in the Water Cooler section. You are a source of entertainment, but we will grow tired of you.

You dismiss my attempts at correcting your obvious misunderstanding of certain mathematical concepts. I have not trotted out any credentials to show you that I speak from experience -- I shouldn't need to. You can check if I'm right or wrong and perhaps learn something in the process. Refusing to even consider you could be wrong is a sure sign of a stunted intellect.

You might be a cool guy who's relatively new to the "social media" thing and don't know how to get along with people in digital space. You have nothing to prove here. We don't want you to prove anything. If this is an act, you can stop. If it's not an act, is it a cry for help? For attention? You confuse me.

AlaskanAVGuy #402915 04/11/14 11:17 PM
A
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
A
I see so I should shut up because you don't like to discuss A/V Fundamentals and I started this Thread for this very purpose. Once again you troll & bully your way around this thread and have yet to add anything meaningful to the conversation. I already understand everything you have posted. Your not teaching me anything new here. Just wasting space rehashing old topics...how about I follow you around and make snide remarks at everything you post? Would you be as polite as I have been. Putting aside personal differences.

Well i'm too mature and have to much respect to Troll you, you have no honor. And so your remarks have no effect on me at all. If you want to bring up a discussion about something on topic then maybe we can learn something useful about Tech Specs that's relevant, as i've never once claimed that I know everything. I came here to bring up this Topic in the hopes that I might actually learn something useful that i've overlooked or been ignorant of. If you can have an intelligent discussion without making everything you post personal and passive aggressive i'd love to talk with you. However if you want to blog about your personal problems go start one.

If you want and an apology then fine I Apologize for the way I discuss A/V equipment. Now back to the Topic at hand lets all grow up and act like mature men here. My children know better than to bully their peers and if they did I would explain to them that it's wrong. Just because someone's different than them. Which seems to me, to be your problem with me, which is that i'm very technical and love talking about A/V Equipment instead of how I feel about my setup. I use measurements not metaphors. Except in the case of the basketball analogy where I was trying to make a discussion that you could relate too. Which was that Fundamentals are key and never beneath discussion and practice such as anything you do in life.

Last edited by AlaskanAVGuy; 04/11/14 11:45 PM.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020