Page 131 of 139 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 138 139
Re: CatBrat
CatBrat #405800 06/26/14 06:43 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Gimp:

And a good morning to you too. I must admit that I got up this morning feeling lazy & incompetent.

Perhaps I should whack or shoot the beautiful deer that frequent our properties here & chew on my garden. Or how about I take a baseball bat to the occasional dog that violates the sanctity of my cat friendly yard? Live & let live I say.

One of the reasons that the Plague took out so much of the European population in medieval times was because of the cruel, superstitious & misguided practices of attempting to annihilate domestic cats. Plague carrying rodents flourished with disastrous results.

My cats seem to help control the rodent population here & rarely, if ever, get birds. My well-fed cats don't have the same drive to hunt that always hungry feral cats do. I'm presently feeding one here, is thriving & he now seems to be not interested in birds either...

TAM

CatBrat #405801 06/26/14 07:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Up here , we have a bylaws that no cat or dog can be loose. I do not see any cats outdoors here what so ever. FYI, they are 10 times worse for getting in the garbage than even raccoons or dogs. I have lost a couple cats that insisted on making a jailbreak, the fox's and coyotes make a meal of them in short order. My sister in Kelowna lost quite a few pets to the wild animals. Best to keep them indoors lest you annoy your neighbors.

Oh and Chilliwack has a cat and dog bylaw as well, my parents neighbors have mess and netting all over the yard trying to contain their cats. Hilarious

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
CatBrat #405802 06/26/14 08:19 PM
CatBrat Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Some cats can be taught to stay in an enclosed back yard. It worked for me the one and only time I tried it. Back in the days I could easily hop over a chain link fence, that is.

It only took 2 times. The cat jumped the fence, and I jumped the fence, caught the cat and threw her back into the yard. After that, the cat never left the yard.

CatBrat #405803 06/26/14 08:38 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
My 4 cats - all rescued - spend 80%+ of their time indoors voluntarily - mainly sleeping the day away & eating. They are never out after supper so are not on the loose at night. They seem to coexist happily with both coons, the munching deer & the dog across the street that comes over daily for his 'Cat Treats'.

I've never had issues with any of our neighbours in the 18 years that we've lived here - nice neighbourhood I guess. I have read complaints in the paper about cats dumping in people's flower gardens; however, believe you me, mine save it up & come home to use their litter boxes in our house...

TAM

CatBrat #405804 06/26/14 08:41 PM
CatBrat Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
I'd be careful about the fleas coming off the racoons. I had one in my house once, and about a month later, had a big flea problem in the house.

CatBrat #405806 06/26/14 09:03 PM
CatBrat Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite

I don't like kitty's in me yard, nor on me boat. Arrrr!

exlabdriver #405808 06/26/14 10:39 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
You really can't tie a cat up and put it outside. I just finished reading about this a bit on the internet. Everyone says it's not a good idea. Too many things can go wrong.

I know two people that tie their cat(s) up whenever they are outside, and one also walks it on a leash. They've never had any problems.

Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Gimp: LOL...

And a good morning to you too. I must admit that I got up this morning feeling lazy & incompetent.

Perhaps I should whack or shoot the beautiful deer that frequent our properties here & chew on my garden.
TAM

Unfortunately we do that regularly.

Or how about I take a baseball bat to the occasional dog that violates the sanctity of my cat friendly yard? Live & let live I say.TAM

If it was attacking you, you'd just say "meh, live and let live"? There's reasons we have bylaws in place for dogs. Cats can be extremely vicious, too. My caregiver was attacked by her neighbours cat that was roaming on her front yard. This happened last summer and the scars down her forearm haven't healed yet.

One of the reasons that the Plague took out so much of the European population in medieval times was because of the cruel, superstitious & misguided practices of attempting to annihilate domestic cats. Plague carrying rodents flourished with disastrous results.

My cats seem to help control the rodent population here & rarely, if ever, get birds.

Well heck, that's as good a reason as any to abstain from spaying and neutering grin . What about "live and let live"?

Originally Posted By: Socketman
Up here , we have a bylaws that no cat or dog can be loose. I do not see any cats outdoors here what so ever. FYI, they are 10 times worse for getting in the garbage than even raccoons or dogs. I have lost a couple cats that insisted on making a jailbreak, the fox's and coyotes make a meal of them in short order. My sister in Kelowna lost quite a few pets to the wild animals. Best to keep them indoors lest you annoy your neighbors.

Oh and Chilliwack has a cat and dog bylaw as well, my parents neighbors have mess and netting all over the yard trying to contain their cats. Hilarious

I think Toronto has the same bylaw.

And just to clarify (because some don't understand jesting, hyperbolic statements,) I most certainly don't think cats should be harmed in any shape or form because they're meandering on someone's property.

One often overlooked concern about loose domestic pets is that they pose a threat to driver safety.

Last edited by Da_Gimp_Pimp; 06/26/14 10:48 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
CatBrat #405810 06/26/14 10:55 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Sorry, I guess that your humour & mine didn't jive or it certainly did not come across that way to me when I read it. Perhaps I'm over sensitive due to the cruelty cases that have gained notoriety in our province in the past couple of years. They have caused great embarrassment & shame here & thankfully has resulted in tougher laws. Our century old federal laws are in dire need of updating as well.

BTW, there are no such bylaws where I live.

Enuff said from me on this...

TAM

Last edited by exlabdriver; 06/26/14 11:25 PM.
CatBrat #405812 06/27/14 01:02 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
If you are having cat problems , call bylaw and they will place some traps. I am sure there are plenty of feral cats givin the way they reproduce much like rabbits. Unfortunately many pets are abandoned .

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
CatBrat #405814 06/27/14 02:50 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
By a paint ball gun.
Enjoy.

Page 131 of 139 1 2 129 130 131 132 133 138 139

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard