Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: The Expert's Corner
Gr8_White_North #402897 04/11/14 09:40 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted By: Socketman
I think you may be confusing daylight hours with actual sunny days. I live in the Yukon and trust me we get plenty of daylight but not so much sun and not all that warm even when its sunny.

Well our sun comes out during the day i'm not sure where you live. lol However we get a lot of daylight hours and sunny days during our summer and the temp can get up to 90deg for the max. Thats warm by my count.

Please continue your discussion this is too fun.

The Teacher is in: Trust but Verify
pmbuko #402904 04/11/14 10:07 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The sun comes up , not always out. In case your too ignorant to understand, if its cloudy then its is not a sunny day even though we all know the sun is behind the clouds. And 90 degree weather a couple days a year is hardly noteworthy. Your condescending tone is not appreciated here but for some reason no matter how many times your told you continue with it. People who think they know everything really bother those of us who do.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
pmbuko #402909 04/11/14 10:34 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Well you put me in my place....do you feel better now?
Showing your true colors.

take care
lol

pmbuko #402918 04/11/14 11:46 PM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Alaskan:

Sorry, but you have totally misread the character of this company forum & seem not to understand the spirit & tone here.

Virtually every post that you make has an aggressive bent, is confrontational & now understandingly defensive. This is much like what is continually demonstrated out in the wild, wild AVS. Therefore, it often is not a very enjoyable place to hang out & it need not occur here...

TAM

pmbuko #402919 04/11/14 11:59 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Exlabdriver

Can you explain how I should discuss A/V topics then because apparently you don't approve of how I bring up these subjects. I should be a conformist correct? Because the nail that sticks out the furthest and has a different point of view always gets hit first.

I never thought that an A/V forum would be used as a blog. Your right i'm a sinner and i'm not perfect as is humanity. Please continue explaining how I should behave correctly as no one here has shown me any compassion or welcomed me. And as such I post according to the atmosphere in which I was welcomed, which has been hostile at best when first bringing into discussion how the Industry Standards for mounting surrounds is to place them 2' or more above the listener. To which I was bombarded with bullying for sticking so closely to the standards. Aren't we all trying to achieve perfection in our Systems?

People have judged me before even getting to know me or even attempt a polite conversation.

Let he without sin cast the first stone.

Last edited by AlaskanAVGuy; 04/12/14 12:05 AM.

pmbuko #402920 04/12/14 12:10 AM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Unlike most others here, I have had some meaningful dialogues with you over the past couple of weeks ref QS8s, V4s, web site updates & amp power; however, I always get the feeling that you are talking down to me & others here.

Your tone is unfriendly & it just doesn't cut it here...

TAM

pmbuko #402921 04/12/14 12:24 AM
A
old hand
old hand
A
I've linked my sources whenever I could and tried to be as straight a talker as I can...

And you believe my tone to be unfriendly.
Well i've got news for you but your tone in response to me is neither friendly. But i'm trying to be the bigger man here and show respect which is why i've explained myself. You shouldn't bully someone who simply looks a things differently than you.

I never meant any disrespect and the tone here towards me has been anything but friendly except for a private message that I received from a member who's been here almost 6yrs. Explaining to me that people who don't agree with certain people are singled out and bullied.

However I wish nothing but respect and want a meaningful dialog in whatever manner it takes to actually get back to discussing A/V topics. What else could I possibly say to get people off my back? As i've already apologized to any that took my tone the wrong way.

pmbuko #402930 04/12/14 04:14 AM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
There have been 2 new members join since approximately the beginning of April - AlaskanAVGuy (72 posts) & Serenity Now (57 posts).

One's posts often results in acrimony. In contrast, the other's are simply appropriate to the discussion that illicit no consternation.

There must be a reason...

TAM

pmbuko #402946 04/12/14 02:34 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Formerly Hellcommute. smile

My hell days are over.

exlabdriver #402949 04/12/14 02:53 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Tam: There IS a reason! Serenity is the former Hellcommute, only now w/o the commute and a new place to live. He has a new URL and therefore could sign up as a totally new person. He didn't change his avatar as a clue. He has always been a cool guy.

As to other people, there will always be a person or two to arrive just to rattle our cages. (GT8Super, anyone?) Some stay, still, but most leave shortly after they stop getting the agita they seek (or desperately need).

I think Nick's "Shut Up Already" thread needs to mention names.

A note on experts.

Most real experts on anything do NOT consider themselves as such, as they know there will always be someone else who knows more, well, at least until their mentors are dead.

It is the task of others to elevate one to the status of "expert," not one's self.

It's like "what you deserve." You may get everything you ever wanted in life, in spades even, but it will always be up to others to decide what you really deserve.

Last edited by BobKay; 04/12/14 03:09 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters