Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Axiom bashing
huskydave #403927 05/07/14 01:08 AM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Originally Posted By: huskydave
I didn't want to start stuff to put it mildly but make people aware that not only are their bad or biased reviews out there but that at least one store tried to screw me. I was smart enough to test the speakers on my own and come up with a real world conclusion. This changed my thinking a lot, I used to take other peoples opinion of a lot of products in store and on forums but now I know better. I think people really need to do their own testing. The guy at that store had no idea I would spend 3000 dollars on an amp plus wiring etc... he just thought he found another sucker.

It is important to note in recent years A/V retailers are paying a considerable price for this kind of mentality. In my area alone, just in the past few years three out of the six mid-high end retailers have gone out of business and the other three have gone to reduced hours OR by an "appointment only" deal. Whether they want to admit it or not, the online companies are killing them and rightly so. For the most part, their sales staff stinks and are generally very poorly trained and that has never really changed resulting in their gradual demise.

One rule of thumb I have always had with any retailer is if the sales person start criticizing stuff they don't sell you just turn around and leave.

huskydave #403938 05/07/14 04:13 AM
H
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
H
I know what I hear is real, but every other thing can be replicated. I always thought if you bring in your own cd and listen to your trusted tracks you will fine you trust what you hear. If you like what you really hear buy it, even if it is not axiom , why because axiom will respond with something better. I also think that some speakers sound good for rock music, some sound good for others etc..., some people like Country and western etc or heavy metal but if you played the tracks you love to listen to that YOU would be the deciding factor and YOU would be ahead of the curve. . I don't trust the high end stores after my horrible experience. I would say it boils down to what YOU think and what YOU want from a system. I have had 1 amp - 6 amps etc.. it depends on what you want from a system and what YOU need. I have only a pair of m80's but I couldn't blow them up in 1 year, that is saying a lot, I have blown up a lot of speakers over the years and the axiom is MY #1 choice. I pushed them way past their limit and they still sound good. I don't care about other forums you can visit me in Sudbury Ontario at 879 Howey drive to listen to the m80's , why did I post my address because I BELIEVE in the Speakers. I plan on buying the biggest Center channel Axiom makes, I plan on buying the big subs to push the system, why? If anyone including axiom wants to record a real time video of the real performance of Axiom speakers I am game, but it has to be from a quality amp with good recording equipment and microphones (ribbon mics etc.. ) If Axiom wanted to push the ADA-1500 Amplifier to the max I would let them and I think the spaekers would survive being pushed to the tilt. The amp that I have that is still alive is pushing 220watts a side and it barely gets things moving...

huskydave #403939 05/07/14 04:31 AM
H
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
H
how abot this If you own M80's or M60's try this at max volume without distortion.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FiCT7q38SE

huskydave #403940 05/07/14 05:37 AM
H
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
H
how about this, If you own M80's or M60's try this, turn down volume to 3-4 to start then without distortion crank it up slowly but very slowly. It will push your speakers so don't try it if you don't care to push them speakers to the max....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FiCT7q38SE. OOOOH Axiom M80'rock hmmmm come and take a listen at 879 Howey Drive Sudbury Ontario b3b-1h3. I am running a Pioneer top end amp which has not blown up yet, I have been running it for some time but wish to aquire a 1500ada to really push it hard plus the rest of the axiom gear ( send it to me big center big subs etc....) . I think they will at least give me the right amplifier 1500 ada to sacrifice my speakers to: so come on Axiom respond to the world..... Send me your best stuff, I will push it way past its limits and I will show anyone that comes near Sudbury Ontario what your made of. I am pushing 220 watts a side RMs if I had the ada 1500 pushing (650 watts per side ) I would show the world what were made of.... If you want me to push my speakers to the max or blow them up, I will push them way beyond the ratings ... bottom line I will kill my Axioms but ..... you guys gotta pressure Axiom to send me that 650 w per sode amp and big subs etc...... I will push them to the braking point but I need you to tell them David Brennan Is their biggest fan and he will show how many watts will kill those speakers. I would never compare the speakers to 20000 dollar speakers but I will say give me an amp (clean .002distortion) that will blow them....... I will blow them but I need an amp and not a shitty amp a good .002 distorio type.... send me one I will blow them up .

huskydave #403948 05/07/14 02:17 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Up next for Axiom speakers, an appearance on "Will It Blend."

Farewell - June 4, 2020
huskydave #404072 05/10/14 11:28 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Originally Posted By: huskydave
how abot this If you own M80's or M60's try this at max volume without distortion.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FiCT7q38SE

Or dont! Lol. Easy way to bottom out a driver then kaput.

huskydave #404215 05/14/14 06:47 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Hi David,

Speaker endurance and what happens beyond the max power rating are things that are not discussed enough in my view. We have invested a lot over the years in improving our driver designs to withstand enormous amounts of power. We have an endurance test here that all our products have to go through and pass. It is heavy metal music played at 1.5 times the max rated power for 100 hours continuously. We have done this test at double the rated power on the M80s and M100s and they both survive it. Personally I think this sort of testing is important. On the surface it does not seem to have much to do with the quality of the sound but does have a lot to do with the overall quality of the product. And it does affect the quality of the sound as you approach the limits.

An ADA1500 would be perfect for what you are trying to achieve. It would make your system play really loud and clean; and the M80s can take it. Though the M100s would be even better suited for it.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
huskydave #404221 05/14/14 10:48 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Heavy metal you say Ian....care to share who/what for those of us who partake?

Ian #404232 05/15/14 03:50 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: Ian
...On the surface it does not seem to have much to do with the quality of the sound but does have a lot to do with the overall quality of the product...

It also makes it unlikely that someone blows a driver when they turn them up to 11 while drunk. I'm well past that age now, but I've seen it happen at more than one house party when I was younger.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
BBIBH #404237 05/15/14 06:44 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Hi Mike,

The most used album for this test would be Slayer - South of Heaven.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082