CABINET SAMPLES
#40428 04/08/04 02:42 AM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
my cabinet samples came in today. i am looking at the buffalo oak, and classic oak finishes.. and the warm tan and burnt sienna screens.

i am disappointed to say that the classic oak is close to the color of my entertainment center, but not exact.. now with that said, i didnt 'expect' a perfect match, i was just hoping for one. now i have to decide if 'almost matches perfectly' is worth spending the extra $400 bucks, or if i should just get the blacks and roll the savings into a new sub or dvd-a/sacd player.. decisions, decisions..

i will wait for my wife to get home and she will make the final decision. wait, ha.. speak of the angel, she just walked in the door.. wow, weird timing?? i will be back in a few minutes with the results..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
Re: CABINET SAMPLES
#40429 04/08/04 03:16 AM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
well, shannon wants to wait til tomorrow, when she can see the sample in the sunlight. we are a curtains open kinda house, so it is critical that she sees the comparison by sunlight. i can dig that.. no super rush at this point.

we both like the burnt sienna screens very much.. they blend well with the earth tones of our den, and we both think they look fantastic.

the sun comes up in 8 1/2 hours, and i should have a yes/no soon after that.. i told her to call me at work with the results.. either way, i will be ordering my new axiom system tomorrow night!!!

my feeling of excitement is at almost uncontrolable levels.. i will get very little sleep tonight. i wasnt even this excited when i bought my new truck..

have a great evening, and i will talk to ya'll tomorrow..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
Re: CABINET SAMPLES
#40430 04/08/04 05:03 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Fun stuff BigJohn. We share your excitement.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (rrlev, Kodiak), 360 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup