AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
EP175v4 with M3v4
Jungle's HT
Who's Online
1 registered (fredk), 46 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22944 Topics
405772 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16297
SirQuack 13344
CV 11269
MarkSJohnson 10965
Meanwhile On Facebook

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Four days to get in on the action!

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#404703 - 05/27/14 09:53 PM What songs do you like that are not very clean.
huskydave Offline
hobbyist

I figured I would start a new thread on music that touches you but that is not recorded the best or does not fall into the Audiophile crowd. I also think songs that mean something to you because of an event of time in your life are also just as relevant as a 10/10 recording if they have a good story behind it. I will say I really like Rev theorys Broken Bones because I heard that song on my way to meet my wife and kids at camp on a hot summer day with the windows rolled down in my Chev truck doing way over the speed limit on a Friday night to meet them. The truck was old and nearly took off on the bumps and it took all I had to keep her on the road at that speed.

#404707 - 05/27/14 11:42 PM Re: What songs do you like that are not very clean. [Re: huskydave]
Crimson Wrath Offline
old hand

Loc: NC
Music is a personal taste (or in some cases in the new stuff a lack thereof grin) that can hold nostalgic power. A song you may have not even cared for at the time but heard over a significant moment in your life you can later listen to and enjoy a lot. And reproducing that music as best as you can to your individual liking (that particular part is important) is what reading, discussing and researching speakers, amps, room correction, etc. is all about. Sure, you can enjoy the science behind it all but who starts an audio hobby that doesn't like music?

#405312 - 06/10/14 04:12 PM Re: What songs do you like that are not very clean. [Re: huskydave]
fredk Online   happy
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Most of what I listen to these days is well recorded. I'm always impressed by the stuff Pink Floyd recorded way back when most people did not have systems to take advantage of the fidelity.

I'm always disappointed by Yes recordings. There is so much going on in their music, yet they chose not to capture it. Still love the music though.

It seems the folks in the jazz world always got it. Still like lots of the stuff recorded before the 60s as well, regardless of sound quality.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#405317 - 06/10/14 05:29 PM Re: What songs do you like that are not very clean. [Re: huskydave]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
I like some of Lily Allen's stuff despite my not normally being into pop music.

Her lyrics care generally pretty raunchy, so most of her songs are not very clean.

Is that what you meant?

#405379 - 06/11/14 12:38 PM Re: What songs do you like that are not very clean. [Re: huskydave]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
I like Rev Theory, Red, 12 Stones, Eve 6, Chevelle, others in that genre..... I have my rock moods I guess.

I really like Imagine Dragons, but the quality of the recording is total crap. It's almost painful to listen to some of the songs, even in my truck with its factory sound system (that’s crap too).

#405444 - 06/12/14 01:16 PM Re: What songs do you like that are not very clean. [Re: huskydave]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
That is because you are just supposed to 'imagine' them.
I agree though. Crap!

#405459 - 06/13/14 11:51 AM Re: What songs do you like that are not very clean. [Re: huskydave]
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
Stupid name.... embarrassed to admit I like them.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.