Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Re: The Daily Gripe
nickbuol #381260 08/09/12 11:46 AM
axiomite
axiomite
I think there is a case for Braille on ATM drive through machines. One could very easily have a blind person in the back seat.

Of course Mark drives a truck now so there would be no back seat or possibly a sports cab but still no room due to the gunrack and bags of dirty under-britches.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
nickbuol #381263 08/09/12 01:44 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Getting on an on-ramp for the interstate, spotting a hole, flooring it and trying to hit the hole. But the car in the rear of the hole decides to speed up and close the gap, just for the fun of it. So, we're racing side by side with me on the shoulder where I just pull my car into the spot anyway. Either she moves, or there's going to be a lot of green paint on her white car. Then get yelled at and given the finger for doing so. Grrrrr.

nickbuol #381269 08/09/12 05:05 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Urk, Cat just got netted by the Insurance Co. web spiders.
Oh Yes. They are real. Just like the Phone Cops. These Phone Cops play Hardball !!

Murph #381280 08/10/12 04:05 AM
shareholder in the making
Originally Posted By: Murph
I think there is a case for Braille on ATM drive through machines.

Here's the real reason: The manufacturer (often Diebold) uses the same parts for walk-up and drive-up ATMs. All their keypads have braille.

Duh?

pmbuko #381284 08/10/12 04:28 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Is that why men have nipples?

CatBrat #381290 08/10/12 10:38 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
Getting on an on-ramp for the interstate, spotting a hole, flooring it and trying to hit the hole. But the car in the rear of the hole decides to speed up and close the gap, just for the fun of it. So, we're racing side by side with me on the shoulder where I just pull my car into the spot anyway. Either she moves, or there's going to be a lot of green paint on her white car. Then get yelled at and given the finger for doing so. Grrrrr.

I really shouldn't get started on driving issues. I could be here all day.

BUT, along the same lines as above, I'm sick and tired of following some idiot onto the freeway at 40 miles per hour cuz they're afraid they might not be able to blend in to the traffic. Sorta defeats the whole idea of having a nice long ramp so you can get up to the same speed as the freeway traffic. Blending in is a whole lot safer at the same speed than it is at 20 mph slower.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
pmbuko #381293 08/10/12 11:33 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Originally Posted By: Murph
I think there is a case for Braille on ATM drive through machines.

Here's the real reason: The manufacturer (often Diebold) uses the same parts for walk-up and drive-up ATMs. All their keypads have braille.

Duh?

I was just commenting on why it could actually be useful, not the real reason, but thanks for the condescending "Duh".

nickbuol #381303 08/10/12 02:04 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Jack... I find myself saying, no almost yelling out loud at the people about to merge onto the interstate (sorry, we don't call them freeways in Iowa) with a posted speed limit of 70 MPH (meaning people are cruising about 75-80 MPH, and they are just humming along the onramp at 40 MPH and wondering why they can't ever get into the flow of traffic.

Speaking of moron's driving. What ever happened to "slower traffic keep right?"

Maybe it is the gamer in me, but I call those idiots, no wait, I said morons above, so MORONS... Anyway, I call those morons "campers". Like people that sit and hide in 1st person shooter games and never get off their butt and get into the action. They will sit in the left lane (in Iowa almost 1005 of the roads are at most 2 lanes each direction), and got 5-10 MPH under the posted limit. Throw into th emix the people that are actually doing it right by driving in the right lane if they want to go slower, and you can be snaking through traffic and still not be speeding.

I too vocalize to them "Come on! Quit camping in the left lane!"

Or maying I came up with it from actual camping, and the laid back, relaxed pace of a camping trip. Sitting on your butt around a camp fire doin' nothin'... THIS AIN'T NO CAMPFIRE DUMMY! GET OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!

(Disclaimer, I don't ever use the word "ain't" in real life, but it seemed more appropriate in that written statement."

Yes, drivers or morons.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #381304 08/10/12 02:07 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Ooo... Thought of another driving one.

No it isn't rubbernecking. That it annoying too, but not the topic at hand.

the idiots that when traffic starts slowing down to a crawl for some unknown reason, and they go from a dead stop in one lane, over into the next lane becuase it is going a tad bit faster, thus forcing someone in that "faster" lane to slam on their brakes, thus slowing down the entire "faster" lane to a dead stop and actually propogating the problem.

Now, there is something to be said for people having the abilty to see down the road and know when traffic is about to speed up and they get into the faster flowing traffic effectively and help to reduce the congestion, but that is rare.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #381318 08/10/12 08:43 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Jack... I find myself saying, no almost yelling out loud at the people about to merge onto the interstate (sorry, we don't call them freeways in Iowa) with a posted speed limit of 70 MPH (meaning people are cruising about 75-80 MPH, and they are just humming along the onramp at 40 MPH and wondering why they can't ever get into the flow of traffic.

We actually have a number of freeways in the Cleveland area which are NOT Interstates. In our town, neither can be considered an accurate generic term for all closed, multi-lane, high speed highways.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082