Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Re: The Daily Gripe
nickbuol #407969 11/05/14 11:50 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Oh no. We've been through that ourselves. It is tough... real tough, but you already know that.

Hang in their Cam. Thinking about ya today.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
nickbuol #407971 11/06/14 01:05 PM
axiomite
axiomite
So sorry to hear that Cam. All my best to your sister and family.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
nickbuol #407972 11/06/14 04:08 PM
shareholder in the making
I'm sorry about your family's loss, Cam.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
MarkSJohnson #407974 11/06/14 11:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Sad news Cam. frown frown

My Sister in law went though this years ago. It will be a rough year for her, but with family like you, she'll be in good hands.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!
nickbuol #408033 11/09/14 11:34 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Thanks, guys. My sister is doing okay. She had a D&C surgery on Wednesday. I haven't spoken to her, but mom was staying with her through the day on Thursday and Friday whilst Tammy was recovering.

Peace

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.
nickbuol #413539 07/17/15 07:20 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
Old thread new gripe.

This week has been chaos at work. i'm an electrician and this week was the last week on site before the handover for occupancy inspection this Friday (we were told Tuesday!) they are waaay early. Drywall was hung today in one spot!

Anyway, the site has serious parking issues, so everyone parks where they can. First come first served. Usually the no parking zone along the site is full of cars wall to wall and the police and fire dept patrol to ensure there is enough room for emergency vehicles to get through, but dont issue tickets. Its a construction zone and all sidewalks are closed.

Wednesday I decide to NOT park in front of the fire hydrant at site in favor of parking opposite on the other side of the building driveway entrance. 10am rolls around and an apprentice says from the floor under my ladder "you better come out, someone smashed your car and left..." Turns out there were many witnesses and they all said the same. A five ton moving truck turned left leaving the parking lot and smooshed my bumper, headlight and fender in.

I confronted the owner of the movers later that morning and he became hostile with me. Apparently, I was parked in a no parking zone (along with 30 others) and it was MY FAULT! Ironically, if I had parked blocking the hydrant I would have been spared.

He tried to get me to use his "company" mechanic (see hick buddy in jerkwater town) to fix my car and go away. I had to put my foot down to get his insurance docs. I told him I wanted to get it looked at by a shop to make sure there was no hidden damage that would create issues. He said he would cut me a check for the damage.... All good, nothing more than body damage. The estimate was $1700. I told him and he claimed I was playng games!! My car wasn't worth that. (A 2003 subaru outback with 75k on it and no other issues.) May the power of karma find him!

Thats why we have insurance I guess. They can fight with him!

Ahhhh. That feels better.

AAAA #413542 07/18/15 12:29 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
"(see hick buddy in jerkwater town)."

You should NEVER just hand one to me like that, Trevor, especially when I (we ALL) know where you live.

Sorry about your damage. That really can ruin the best of days. I hope it gets sorted out in your favor, soon.

I had car karma happen last week. Several weeks ago, a man in a Home Depot lot and I were backing into each other. I noticed and stopped. He did neither. ,"He totally trashed his p/u's rear light assembly, side quarter panel, et al. He dimpled my bumper and made a 1" clean tear ('11 Odyssey = Japanese Tank). I felt badly. My dimple would cost $3k to replace the entire bumper and he'd be surcharged as much as $1,000 a year for 6 years. Been there (for waaaay less damage), done that.

I said, "If my rear hatch opens and closes, no problem, we're good." It did. "Really?, he asked. "I've been you," I replied, "and it sucked." "Have a better tomorrow," I wished him, and was off.

Last week, some 22 year-old a-hole in an RX-8 was playing, "speed up, slow down fast" in stop & go traffic on a 35 mph road and caught me once, so I kept a bigger distance. He did it again. I stopped with a w/a full car length to spare. Not so for the man driving his wife's new Q 50 directly behind me. He took out the entire right side of my rear (and side) bumper. He trashed lots more of her car---lots. He told me he had just lectured his teenage son about a small scratch from the week before. Ha! I felt badly, but this was his fault and I get a whole new bumper outta the deal, for free, dimple-free, too!

Went to see a friend. His car was parked in the driveway as usual. It was really weird to notice all this damage just below waist height, and a 2" wide, 2 foot-long gash smeared with yellow, blue and white paint. I'm like, WTH? He was parked at a beach when someone hit him with their towed boat.

Don't misunderstand. This kinda "do-nice/get nice" shit NEVER happens like this for me. My general karma pay back is more like I'm still making retributions for Mussolini's mistakes.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
nickbuol #413592 07/22/15 01:41 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
I don't like spiders...
I just found the biggest spider I've seen all year...
In the least used darkest room in the house...
I don't like spiders...
Why did it have to be in the HT?

nickbuol #413593 07/22/15 02:10 AM
Because it wanted to watch Arachnophobia?

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
nickbuol #413595 07/22/15 02:37 AM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
Spiders are our friends. If we didn't have them, we would be up to our butts in other insects. I really like to have them around, especially in my garage where they do some of our 'exterminating' duties for us.

If I find them where I don't want them, I just catch them in a glass & put them outside before the cats get them, ha!

'Born Freeeee'!!!!

TAM

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082