AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
4 registered (alan, JBG, nickbuol, Da_Gimp_Pimp), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22895 Topics
404591 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16277
SirQuack 13336
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#405988 - 07/07/14 04:33 PM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
Adrian, you can call me Tilley Guy.

#405996 - 07/08/14 09:59 AM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
Adrian Offline
axiomite

Loc: It's all about the location.
Tilley Guy it is. Unless you post in the Woodworking forum. Then you are "Toolie Guy".

#405997 - 07/08/14 10:36 AM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
I think I dated a girl named Tilly Tooly once.....

#405998 - 07/08/14 01:01 PM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
exlabdriver Offline
connoisseur

I've worn a Tilley Hat for years to keep the sun off of my beak - virtually indestructible. I chose the Aussie style that has a smaller brim so that it doesn't look as obtrusive as he regular one.

For the winter to keep the rain off, I have an Aussie leather hat, also with a smaller brim...

Tom

#406098 - 07/13/14 11:28 AM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
Lampshade Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Holbrook, MA
Take a look at what Orvis is carrying (they do have Tilley). The prices are a higher than you will see elsewhere and the shipping can be expensive( I live close to a retail store so I can get free shipping if I order there).

The benefit is that you can return the hat at anytime for any reason so if you change your mind you can try again.

Another caveat to mail order is sizing.I wear outdoor research right now. I have their summer bucket hat and summer lightweight baseball cap that I love.

#406109 - 07/13/14 05:47 PM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Lampshade]
BobKay Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Massachusetts Badlands
When it comes to outerwear, my advycle (brilliant. Charles!), is to do whatever Chris tells you to do. He is the King of Hearts Hats! Whenever he stops by my house, I never know what he'll be sporting on his pate, but I will always admire it, both for it's taste and it's abnormality.

#406118 - 07/13/14 08:57 PM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
Lampshade Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Holbrook, MA
I like Barbour (English) and Filson (more rugged American) hats and clothing, but my next hat is coming from Australia.

http://www.akubra.com.au/products_country.html

#406160 - 07/15/14 09:53 AM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
Murph Offline
axiomite

Loc: PEI, Canada
I have a Tilley but it's the hemp TH5 version. I liked the darker color and style better than the traditional. Essentially, after a lifetime of losing all manner of hats to the ocean, I decided that a floating hat was a worthy investment. So far I love it.

#406433 - 08/03/14 09:13 PM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
terzaghi Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
I've been wearing my Tilley hat for a few years now and it is still good as new. It has been submerged in saltwater on numerous occasions,coated in red Oklahoma dirt, and sweated through many times. It cleans up nicely and is good as new each time. I will agree it is hot in summer days, but not bad once you sweat through it... Of course then you have a big sweat spot on the front/forehead area. I think I may order the all mesh Tilley and see how that works. If not much better I may look into the brand Alan recommended at he start of this thread.

Also, hello to anyone I haven't talked to in a while!

#406435 - 08/04/14 12:33 PM Re: Need a new hat-don't know if what I want exists [Re: Ken.C]
exlabdriver Offline
connoisseur

My Tilley has the large & unremovable sweat mark on the front as well. 'Character' I call it, ha!

My winter leather Aussie hat is a 'Kakadu Traders' brand that has also developed a lot of character over the past decade or so...

TAM

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.