Page 1 of 2 1 2
Problems with UPS
#406092 07/13/14 02:20 AM
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
I'm curious whether any of you have had problems with UPS. Here's my problem. I had issues with the amp in my EP350 and sent it back to Axiom for repairs. The repaired amp shipped via UPS, but was scheduled to arrive while I was away on holiday. I checked on the UPS site to see if it was possible to have delivery delayed or changed to my neighbour's place. However, you can only request a change after they've tried to deliver it and failed.

I watched for tracking information that they'd tried to deliver it, but all that showed up under my tracking information was that it had been left at the front door on Tuesday.

When I got home Friday, there was no sign of the amp. I'm still scratching my head at why UPS would have such a lame system for delivering packages. I live in a pretty good neighbourhood, but you don't leave stuff on your front porch for days on end.

Re: Problems with UPS
FrankeeD #406093 07/13/14 05:08 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
For me the worst thing about UPS is that they don't come to area so they hand off to Greyhound which is the worst delivery service known to mankind. The lost an M80 for christsake. Ask Exlabdriver about ups they suck.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
FrankeeD #406095 07/13/14 11:58 AM
M
MMM Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
I have had UPS and Canada Post dump my package off at the wrong house, in the flower bed when it was raining.

The truth is it's not your problem. It's actually the problem between UPS and Axiom as they are the two in a contract to get the package to you. You can't complain to UPS for any resolution. This falls on Axiom. Axiom may be actually to fault if they didn't request to have a signature and put that they accept what UPS calls a safe drop.

If Axiom didn't agree to those terms, then UPS itself now has to cough up the money to replace the item that it lost. Then it falls back to Axiom to did they declare the value of the item being shipped correctly.

Every delivery company is known for having bad apples when it comes to the actual act of delivering. I can't get how in the age of GPS tracking, how they still get away with a 14 hour delivery window for when you get your package. I would think with bar code scanners, they sould be pretty sure to know where your package is located up to the minute, or at least a 10 min window. If your package is on a truck, then they should know it. Also, they should be pretty good at scheduling to know that the truck has say 100 packages and you are the last one to get delivered, so it won't be showing up to you at 8:00am, and it is zero possibility considering tragic and the number of package to get to you much before 2:00pm. Why not tell your customer that. Give a 2-3 hour window online. If your deliver guy is running late, then the window can change though the day. but it gives you an idea as to when you really need to be home.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
FrankeeD #406097 07/13/14 02:28 PM
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Canada Post's favourite trick is to claim to have attempted to deliver the parcel (we know they're lying because we were home at the time of the "attempted" delivery) and then take it to the local postal station, so we have to drive over to pick it up.

I'm hoping the neighbour who was picking up the newspapers noticed the amp sitting there, but they're away on holiday now, so I won't know until they get back.

I've contacted Brent at Axiom and filed a missing delivery claim with UPS, so I'll see what happens next week when everyone gets back to work.

FrankeeD #406102 07/13/14 07:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
@FrankeeD
You are correct , I have had this problem with CP so many times I can not count. Why pay to have it delivered if they don't bring it and then I have to drive 10 miles round trip to pick it up. The worst part is they want you to wait till the next day. I went to the local distribution center and ripped a strip off the head guy there. Things have been better since then.

M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Gr8_White_North #406106 07/13/14 09:35 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I think you guys must be mistakenly calling UPMS:
"We deliver whenever we f'n feel like it!"

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
FrankeeD #406107 07/13/14 09:40 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yes Bob , I am sure we all have horror stories about delivery companies. Believe it or not I have had a few good ones , but don't tell anyone LOL. None of then are perfect but when I get something from Amazingzon it is always fast and efficient , they seem to have some power over these companies.

M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry
Gr8_White_North #406111 07/13/14 09:51 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
When you say "good ones," was it a female driver with a broken time clock? I was going to say, "when you say "good ones," did you get laid,?" but I though that'd be crass.

Edit: ...and leave too many options.

Last edited by BobKay; 07/13/14 09:52 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
FrankeeD #406119 07/14/14 03:01 AM
E
connoisseur
connoisseur
E
My second EP800 has been on Vancouver Island since mid day Friday.

As of this evening (Sunday), there is still no 'Scheduled Delivery Time' on its tracking site. I fully expect it to be on my doorstep in the morning; however, I'm not prepared to waste another full day waiting for it like I did on Friday.

It is difficult though. Although I live in a great neighbourhood, I don't trust having something that big & expensive sitting outside for any length of time.

BTW, I drove back from Victoria today & my car showed 34 to 37 C all the way. Desert SW air has invaded from the south making it unusually hot for this area. Temp records are being broken all over BC this week. Unfortunately, forest fire season is now upon us...

TAM

FrankeeD #406126 07/14/14 05:22 AM
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Turns out my neighbours have more brains than anyone at UPS. When they stopped by to pick up the newspapers on Tuesday, they noticed the amp on the doorstep and took it home. They brought it over this afternoon after they got home from holiday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters