Print Thread
Rate Thread
Bob's New Trade-UP Promotion
#407735 10/22/14 07:27 PM
BobKay Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
A few months ago, I was having a slow conversation (PM's) with Ian about the M100's.

Ya, I know! How cool is it to have the ear (and, at least momentarily, a small part of the brain) of the owner/founder of an international anything! Well, OK, so I've spent a few thousand dollars in the past 5 years. OK, almost $8,000.00! Who cares! I don't care if he gives Amie every dollar of non-reinvested profits for her to shop for designer shoes, globally! (You go, grrrrll!) I got every dollar's worth out him, too! Well, Ian, AND Amie, Andrew, and every last cool human who IS Axiom. (There are a lot fewer than you might think, toiling away "up there!")

I told him that there must be a way to convey to these guys (and gal) what the 100's really are and how they compare (don't compare at all) to the various models we each know and love. Remember, Chris (Lampshade) has M80 v3's and he's enamored! I reminded Ian that there were people here with "ti" models! They cannot know what a listening "experience" is until they listen with these.

If you heard them, getting they would become a priority. If not, then you're not as interested in sound as you think you are. It's OK, you can tell us. You're safe here. (Ha-----Ha------ha!) The foliage has eyes in this place!

At the moment, I am enjoying Steve Miller's "Wide River," anew (1993. not re-mastered), as I'm still routing through the alphabet and finding places to re-visit. Actually, it's less like "re-visiting" than it is an aural version of re-virginization. Yeah, sort of cheesy "re-Virg," like 1985 Madonna, only a LOT more rarified. These are it dudes! These are the first open-door into true, " full-range," "high-fidelity" loudspeakers that Axiom has yet to offer (in a front-loaded loudspeaker).

I suggested to Ian that he show an M80 cut in half next to an M100 cut in half (a nice cad diagram would suffice, just for STARTERS). If you take a driver out of an M100, you cannot see into, nor stick your mitt into the cabinet. The opening is completely sealed behind the driver. The crossovers are not user accessible. I know. I had to send the whole cabinet back for a crossover repair. The bracing is different, as it is not the same size cabinet as an M80. Regardless (irrigardlessically) of 6.5" speaker choices in an M80, there is 50% more bass driver area in an M100. That bottom, so round and silky smooth, is what makes these so special. The whole spectrum receives equal attention.

So, to my speaker trade-up promotion...

I suggested that Ian use a promotion called "Trade TF Up or Shut TF Up," and he could have the whole idea for free. He laughed and said something like,"It's fine just like that." I reminded him that he was talking to ME and, of course, he suggested something tamer. "Baloney," I say! Guerilla marketing is so five minutes ago! This is fascist marketing! Hey! It kinda worked, once, for a short while, sorta. It didn't end very well, did it? Then again, had there been M100's available in Kyoto and Berlin by the end of 1937, WWII may well never have happened!

Then my Dad wouldn't have had to spend 3 years in Burma (Myanmar), only to come back angry and always beating me and my mother and sister, and.... I'm kidding! My German Dad never beat me, ever. He didn't have to. He married an Italian sadist!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
Re: Bob's New Trade-UP Promotion
BobKay #407739 10/22/14 11:21 PM
local
local
I guess the official announcement of this new promo should be coming along any time now! Unless Ian decided to STF UP about it...

BobKay #407741 10/23/14 01:42 AM
M
MMM Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
Sorry Bob.. but why would I want to downgrade to M100's when I have a far superior speaker right now?

Perhaps you need to STFU and buy some LFR's

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
BobKay #407742 10/23/14 03:31 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A

Probably like going from lambo to ferarri. Same but different.

MMM #407747 10/23/14 08:26 PM
BobKay Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Originally Posted By: oakvillematt
Sorry Bob.. but why would I want to downgrade to M100's when I have a far superior speaker right now?

Perhaps you need to STFU and buy some LFR's

That's right, Matt, go ahead! Wipe fascism completely off of the humor table! What's next, gender reassignment, race, serial murder, fatal childhood diseases?! WHAT?!

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.
BobKay #407749 10/24/14 12:43 AM
local
local
Actually I'm fairly sure that gender reassignment is only funny when unintentional!

BobKay #407823 10/28/14 03:06 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
I had been feeling so hopeful and adequate. Thanks for the reset, Bob.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup