6.1 Setup
#414 11/05/01 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recently purchased an Axiom HT speaker system to use with my Denon 2802 receiver. I wasn't sure about the placement of the rear surrounds and the rear center, all three of which are QS-4s. My room is 12 x 19 with the listening area approximately 12 feet from the front of the room. My question is at what height the speakers should be placed, and how far behind the listening area. (The rear center will go on the back wall, I'm just not sure at what height.) The ceilings are just over 7 feet, and I was leaning toward placing the rear speakers close to the ceiling, but I was looking for some guidance. Finally, where should the sub be placed? Should it go on the front wall near the M3ti's or can it be placed on one of the side walls. Thank you in advance for any guidance that you can give me.

Re: 6.1 Setup
#415 11/06/01 10:05 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Placement of the rear speakers about 8-12" down from your ceiling will be perfect. Technically the sub-woofer can be placed anywhere in the room. Some locations will give you better bass than others so a bit of experimenting is always a good idea. If the sub-woofer is going to be behind your listening area then you will need to put the phase switch to the 180 degree position. It is also advisable to keep the adjustable frequency on the sub-woofer at 12 o'clock or below if the sub-woofer is not up front. Again some experimenting in your room will be needed.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616