Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Fellow Car Buffs - Best Car Wax/Polish
#42631 04/22/04 02:33 AM
KC_Mike Offline OP
local
OP Offline
local
I have always taken a lot of pride in the vehicles I have owned. Over the years I have polished my cars using Eagle 1, Mothers, Turtle Wax, Zymoil, 3M, NuFinish, and countless others. Eventually, I stopped at Zymoil becuase I liked it better than anything I had previously used.

Last autumn, my friend was turned on to a product line called Zaino Brothers by a co-worker. He tried it and and absolutely swore up and down about how good it is. I had already given my car its final pre-winter polish so it was going to have to wait until Spring.

With the arrival of spring, it was time to give my car her first polish of the year. I still had half a bottle of Zymoil left, but decided to go ahead and order the Zaino and try it out. 3 weeks ago, I put on my first coat of Zaino and have added 2 coats since.

I have owned my current car for 8 years and it now looks better than anytime I can remember. I really can't find the words to convey what I feel when I look at my car now. I just know it looks amazing and I don't think it has ever looked as sharp as it does now. The finish was fantastic with the first coat, and looked even better with each additional coat. If I am not mistaken, the information I read on Zaino's site claims that in order to obtain a mirror-like finish, you need to apply at least 3 coats. I found that to be true. The more coats....the more reflective my car has become.

Not only that, but others seem to agree. Never before had anybody approached me to ask what I used on my car or to compliment the way it looked. That has now happened three times in the last two weeks. 2 out of the 3 asked me what I used on my car.

When I told the two guys I used Zaino, they both said the same thing..."I've never heard of that". Their second question was where to get it.

By the way, I have been on this forum for about a year maybe. I am not a salesman for Zaino or anybody else nor do I have any affiliation whatsover with Zaino. This is the first time I have posted anything not related to HT. I just wanted to share this information with the people on this forum because I wish somebody had informed me long ago. It really is that good and I highly recommend giving it a try.

If you are curious, you can do a google search and find their site. There are some good testimonials (with pictures)on the site. On some of the pictures, you can really see what is meant by 'mirror finish' and 'the wet look'. I can attest to both.

I hope my posting a non-HT topic does not offend anybody.

Re: Fellow Car Buffs - Best Car Wax/Polish
#42632 04/22/04 02:49 AM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

I hope my posting a non-HT topic does not offend anybody.

Can't speak for others, but I sure don't mind. I don't know if I'll try Zaino, but I'm glad to have the info. Thanks

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#42633 04/22/04 02:50 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
now mike-

did you properly calibrate that polish before applying it to the surface of your car?? if not, then you are not getting the full potential out of that bottle of wax. and it is essential that you use the proper toe-in angle on the buffer cloth, or the shine will be sub-par at best. i suggest that you try several different toe-in buffer angles, depending on the amount of sunlight of course, to make better use of the waxes 'mirror finish' ability. if using an electric buffer, use extreme caution as to what sort of extension cord you use to plug it into the wall.. i have found that you get a much faster, cleaner rotation of the buffer head when using the orange 16 gauge, 25ft cord. the 50 footer tends to allow a degregation of the electrical current, and is just not applicable. now, there are those that will tell you, "cords dont really matter".. i say check it out for yourself. and last, but not least, make sure the shine is appealing to YOUR eyes.. dont make the mistake of allowing someone else to chose which is best for you.. and use your wax with confidence, cause the slightest bit of doubt, will inevitably lead to 'upgradetis', and you will be combing the local detail shops for the next great wax..

have fun with it!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#42634 04/22/04 02:59 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I've tried Eagle 1, Mothers, Turtle Wax, Zymol, 3M, NuFinish as well. Don't like Eagle 1. Thought NuFinish was a waste of money. The 3M system is pretty good. Turtle Wax and Maguires are both darn good products. Mothers is excellent and Malms is even better. Zymol is also excellent.

My cars are black garaged when not in use and I wax them myself. I use Dawn dishwashing liquid for the wash - it strips the wax and oils from the surface. A thorough rinse is vital to the success of the effort. I then use a polish and wash the car again after the polish. I then apply the glaze and buff with microfiber cloths. Then the wax - the more carnuba in the mix the better. Once a year, I'll use the Mothers Gold Claybar after the first wash, and wash again after that. Just my preferences.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#42635 04/22/04 04:06 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
I wash the car in a wand wash and then tell her to "step on it" on the way home to dry it.

The PPG guys I know swear by Maguires and one even cuts and polishes his Rustang every spring.

Though I do Turtle Wax my snowblower and lawnmower to make wiping them off easier.

Bren R.

#42636 04/22/04 05:54 AM
old hand
old hand
I saw the title of this thread and figured I had to check in and tell y'all about Zaino, but KC_Mike already knew.

http://www.zainostore.com/

Awesome stuff. Most folks in a car club I'm a member of also swear by it. The leather treatment and tire treatment are also great. Here are a couple pics of my car, freshly zaino'd.

#42637 04/22/04 09:23 AM
veteran
veteran
In reply to:

I saw the title of this thread and figured I had to check in and tell y'all about Zaino, but KC_Mike already knew.

I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title. Every time I sing the praises of Zaino Bros, people look at me like I'm an alien. If you have never tried it do so immediately. There is none better.

#42638 04/22/04 09:43 AM
veteran
veteran
Well i use Meguires jus tried the New suff Nex Gen or something like that , thought it turened out really good might have to look into the Zaino stuff jus for the hay of it

If You Are Gonna Do It , Do It Right !!!
#42639 04/22/04 02:58 PM
veteran
veteran
i need to wax my truck before summer kicks in.
i was going to try zymol, but maybe i'll check this stuff out.

#42640 04/22/04 03:10 PM
old hand
old hand
I looked at the site and the application process. Do you guys use all of the other products that are listed? It seems like they "suggest" a whole bunch of other products to complete the application.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters