Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wall brackets for Mi3tis?
#4379 07/15/02 09:58 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Will be mounting these puppies to the wall and would like to know if there are brackets out there that would allow me to angle them down to the listening area? Any recommendations?

Re: Wall brackets for Mi3tis?
#4380 07/16/02 08:48 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi,

Check www.omnimount.com and www.vogelsusa.com for what you need. Axiom's versatile "Full Metal Bracket" (working title) will do the job but it's not quite ready. Perhaps late August.

By the way, you may find you achieve a better sense of envelopment in the soundfield with the surround speakers not pointed down towards the listening area. But it's still nice to have the flexibility that a pivoting, swiveling bracket affords.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
Re: Wall brackets for Mi3tis?
#4381 07/17/02 07:53 PM
J
old hand
old hand
J
Be careful, I tried a couple of the omnimount brackets that attach to the back of the speaker, and they wouldn't fit because the plate that attaches to the speaker was too tall to go between the port and the mouting posts on the back of the M3. Omnimount also makes some brackets that attach to the bottom, but overall I found that in person the omnimounts are large and rather ugly.

I also tried one of the smaller Vogel brackets and it was too small, didn't put enough distance between the wall and the speaker so you couldn't really angle the speaker down plus you might have an issue with the rear port. The larger Vogel mount with the bottom clamp would probably work, but you'll have to remove the grills from the M3 (not an option with my wife).

I went through an awful lot of searching and frustration trying to find mounts for the M3's. In the end, I found some black metal brackets at Lowe's hardware store that sell for $20 a pair and work pretty well. The only caveat is that they only use 2 screws to attach to the wall. If you're drilling into a stud that's fine, but I'm not sure if I would trust two drywall screws to hold an M3. Keep in mind when mounting a speaker that the weight is partly pulling out on the screw, not just down like it would be when hanging a picture. PartsExpress also had some brackets that look like they might work, I probably would have orderd the PANAVISE 110120B if I hadn't been desparate to find something locally ASAP.

Good Luck,

Jeff

Last edited by jkohn; 07/17/02 07:57 PM.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup