Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
How good is Axiom's warranty?
#4807 08/11/02 04:33 PM
replica Offline OP
OP Offline
I have read several claims made by people who post at other audio sites about how great the warranty is by a given speaker company. Most of these claims turnout to be false. People talk about receiving replacement drivers or having direct contact with customer servive. My experience with customer service departments is limited to Yamaha, Paradigm, and Klipsch. None of them lived up to the hype. Please give me an honest opinion about Axiom's customer service. Customer service is very important to me, secondary only to sound quality.

Re: How good is Axiom's warranty?
#4808 08/11/02 04:43 PM
axiomite
axiomite
You can do a search for the name "Joe" in these forums and come up with several posts from Axiom owners that mention him. He is the main customer service guy for Axiom and he is usually the guy who answers the phone when you call customer service.
I think you will find that the customer service is EXACTLY what people on these forums know it to honestly be...outstanding.
Here is my story already told:
my m60 buzz problem efficiently solved

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#4809 08/12/02 03:26 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
it's AMAZING

that's all I have to say.

Axiom is for real.

#4810 08/12/02 01:47 PM
veteran
veteran
Hey replica,

Their service department is SECOND TO NONE.

CAV104

#4811 08/12/02 02:01 PM
F
fhw Offline
devotee
devotee
F
Hi, replica.

This is a summary of my dealings with Axiom customer service:

I've e-mailed about three technical questions, and Ian himself replied within 3-4 days.

My cats knocked my M3s off their stands, breaking the grill connector pegs. Replacements were sent the next day.

I bought a VP150, and noticed a mild buzzing. One of the tweeters was dented. Though Amie doubted the tweeter was the cause of the problem, she sent a replacement driver no questions asked.

The staff on the phones were always courteous and helpful.

If you value customer service like I do (I will only shop at big-box stores for music, DVDs, etc.), you will be very impressed with Axiom.

#4812 08/12/02 03:10 PM
replica Offline OP
OP Offline
How much did the shipping and replacement driver cost? How about shipping cost to return the other driver.

#4813 08/12/02 03:12 PM
replica Offline OP
OP Offline
How much money did you have to spend to resolve this issue?

#4814 08/12/02 03:13 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Zero cost.
No return required.

#4815 08/12/02 03:13 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Nothing.

#4816 08/12/02 03:24 PM
replica Offline OP
OP Offline
I always hear about how great a company's customer service department is, and it seems to be false in most cases. How can a consumer be assured of quality customer service? Would a phone call to the C.S. department be a good idea? I live in the United States and customer service seems to be very poor here.

#4817 08/12/02 03:33 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Many people here on the forums are from the States. Ask them about the customer service by sending them private messages. Call the help line if you want to test out how fast they answer the phone. Send an email to check their response time, but anyway you cut it, Axiom has the BEST service i have ever received from a 'large' company in my LIFE.

I don't think anyone else can say much more than that to relieve your concerns.

#4818 08/12/02 04:09 PM
old hand
old hand
replica,

chesseroo's earlier comments (no shipping costs, etc) apply in my own case as well... great phone troubleshooting and Joe V sent me a woofer immediately at no cost to me. I didn't have to return the old one. Axiom's staff answers e-mails promptly if you can't call for some reason. This also applies to advice (products, placement, etc) not just repair issues. This is a great company to deal with.

lando

lando
#4819 08/12/02 05:48 PM
F
fhw Offline
devotee
devotee
F
I paid nothing for any of my issues to be resolved. I wasn't asked to return the faulty driver in order to have it replaced.

#4820 08/12/02 08:14 PM
M
devotee
devotee
M
A few months back I must have driven poor Joe nuts with a thousand questions about Axiom speakers.. And this was on a Saturday and Sunday ! He took it all stride, and was more than helpful.. Since then, I have talked with a number of employees, from Norean at the front desk, to Amie herself.. All are helpful beyound words..
Everything I read/heard about Axiom was good.. Too good to be believable ? No way.. I now own the M80's the VP150 and a pair of QS8's..
As for service ? I wasn't knocked out by the Cherry finish.. I called, explained my concern, and was sent replacements (in black).. In two days... BEFORE returning the originals !!
Sorry, but I can't add any more, as I have not had ONE lick of trouble with any of the speakers.. But, I have called them from time to time, and they are still as warm and helpful as they were before they had my money.. Something to think about, eh..

LFE ! The rest is just details..
#4821 08/13/02 07:59 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I have dealt with Axiom on two occasions. The first was that the speakers were a little too bright for me (after playing drums without earplugs for several years I seem to have done some permanant damage). How often does the company pres's wife head up (or rather, is) customer service? She does at Axiom, and kept in constant communication with me via email throughout the process. Joe sent me out some resistors to pop into place to cut the tweeter output a bit (did the trick). I had a question about installing the resitors and called the 800#. I believe it was Alan who answered and wasn't sure either and told me that Joe (tech supprt) was at a trade show for the next few days and took down my info. Within an hour, Joe called me from the trade show and answered all my questions.
Amy had my trial period extended a few extra weeks so that I could have a chance to listen to them with the resistors in place.
After my trial was coming to an end, I decided that I wanted a full range speaker and sent back my M3s in exchange for a pair of M60's. No problems at all. Amy even included postage paid for the return of the M3's.
Now all my friends are blown away by the realism by these speakers, and I am equally blown away by the customer and tech support. I am almost leary to heap such praise on any small company for fear that they will grow large and lose their ability to respond so quickly and efficiently, but in my opinion, they have earned it. Their customer service is second to none.
Now if only the phone company could take a few pointers...

#4822 08/15/02 11:00 PM
regular
regular
Hi-

Axiom's warranty is fantastic. The customer support
team is extremely helpful and responsive.

I heard a buzzing in my VP-100's tweeter and Joe
arranged for a new one to be sent out (no shipping
costs) within days and I didn't have to send in
the old one as well. My VP-100 is back to normal
again!

Bruce

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16