Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OT: Construction Pics of my house
#49659 06/18/04 03:45 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
Alright...so I have been lurking on here for a couple months and haven't posted too often, until recently. The main reason I have been searching around on this forum is becuase I am building a new house and will be putting a new home theater in it as soon as I get done. My projected system is as follows:

Onkyo TX-SR801
Denon DVD-2200
Front- M60's
Center - VP150
Surrounds - 2 QS8's
Sub: JBL PB12 (from a previous HT System)
TV - 32" RCA (For Now)

You guys have been a ton of help already and I thought I would keep you updated on the status of my house as it is being built. I hope this link works. And as always suggestions are welcomed. We will be pouring my slab next week and framing soon after hopefully.

My New House

Enjoy...

Jason

Axiom Owner & War Eagle!!
Re: OT: Construction Pics of my house
#49660 06/18/04 03:55 PM
M
hobbyist
hobbyist
M
If your not buying the dvd player for a month or two then I would wait until the new Denon players come out next month. Better and cheaper.

#49661 06/18/04 04:08 PM
devotee
devotee
Awesome. I love building projects. How much fun for you! I'm excited for you, as I'm sure everyone else here is. Boy we really got in from the ground up on this Home Theater...the house isn't even built yet, much less the room! Can't wait to see the progression.
So, this is kind of a big deal here...I mean, your own HT room. The envy of all males (at least those without one...me being one of them ).
Let me just intervine with one thing. I had the JBL PB12 sub. It really is a pretty good sub. It's got a nice presence about it...but if your going through the trouble of making a room for this stuff I'd suggest making room for an upgrade...you know with all that money you have left over after building a house
Seriously, I know your spending the money as it is. Just a suggestion for down the road. I had my JBL with the Axioms, now I have an SVS. It's a world of difference. My JBL I could hear, the SVS I can feel...and that makes a pretty big deal. It's like it's there without getting in the way of all the great sound the Axioms produce. Just my 2 cents worth.
In any case. I'm not here to turn this into a "what to get sub forum". That would be hijacking and there's already pleanty of those out there to read about. I just thought I'd tell you as a person who owned the same subwoofer.
Again, can't wait to see more pics. We're gluttons for pics here...as I'm sure you know. Always appreciated.

So, as a final question, when is the estimated timeframe for your house being done?

Misfit Toy

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"
#49662 06/18/04 04:25 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
DoubleJ, I'd upgrade my TV before the sub, but you'll likely do both in time, eh?

#49663 06/18/04 04:28 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
Moab- I actually already purchased the Denon 2200 from ecost as a refurb unit but sent it back to Denon because of a few issues I was having with it. I hope to hear from them next week. I don't know too much about the newer Denon DVD players that are coming out next month...I think I will stick with the 2200 once I get it back from Denon.

Misfit- I appreciate the excitement for my new house. I am really excited...big time. I hope to be moved in the house by mid October, maybe sooner. Its all dependent on the weather and our sub contractors schedules. Actually this house will not have a dedicated Home Theater room. This particular house will be about 1750 sq. ft., 3BR/2Bath. I will be putting a 5.1 setup in the living room. Check for a PM. I have a couple questions for you. Thanks for the input about the sub.

Jason

#49664 06/18/04 04:40 PM
buff
OP Offline
buff
BigWill - yep...I definitely plan to upgrade the TV sometime in the next couple years. I am waiting until the DLP's come down in price.

As far as the sub goes, I will wait to listen to it with the Axioms until I make a determination on whether to replace it. Then again, I might just move it into the bedroom and get an HSU for the living room. I have a system from college that I am either gonna give to my Dad when I move into my house, or put into my bedroom after I move in.

#49665 06/18/04 05:11 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
jason-

thanks for sharing.. i feel like its a bob villa slide show or something. its nice to have that rural living, but be just a few miles from town. looks like things are coming along nicely, hope the contractors continue to meet their deadlines.

good luck with the process, let us know how it goes, and keep coming withe the pics.. we are bunch of vouyers in here

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#49666 06/18/04 08:34 PM
veteran
veteran
As long as you’re building a brand new room, in a brand new house -- I would suggest that you create a room that can control ambient light. This will clear the way for a Front Project, and you will be on your way to big screen ecstasy. If you really want the “theater” experience – the FP is a cheap way to get it. ½ the price and 3X the size, what’s not to like? If you decide to go with a FP there are some things to consider with regards to the paint. (that is, if you plan to project right against the wall)

Wow, I’m envious… to be able to route/fish cable without having to worry about drywall!! Keep the pics coming, be fun to watch this thing go up.

#49667 06/18/04 08:43 PM
devotee
devotee
I hear you Bilbo (I'm fanatical about LOTR BTW). I really want to upgrade to a front projector, but my room is the antithesis of an ideal room (lots of windows)...but I may still get one anyone just to watch movies at night...and have a lesser grand screen for viewing in the daytime.

Ode to dream.

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"
#49668 06/18/04 09:08 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Jason,

Very exciting. I loved looking at the pictures. It looks like a beautiful area--where is it? Made me nostalgic for a time 30 years ago when my Dad helped me build a summer place on an island I'd bought on the East side of Lake Huron (Georgian Bay). I still have pictures of it going up somewhere in a storage box. I brought in a contractor to do the shingles, the plumbing and the septic system because I ran out of time at the end of the season.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617