Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: OT: Wireless internet?
#51398 07/09/04 04:50 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

As with IPs not being saved on the Win98...something with your driver or network registry is corrupted. I have seen that on occasion. The only way to fix that is to remove the network card and driver software. Remove ALL entries in the registry (a pain). Re-install it from scratch.

True it could be the 9x network bug, but a slightly easier way to fix it is this...

In networking just remove everything STARTING with File/Print sharing (if its there), then M$ networking, then the protocols (TCP/IP, others if any), I would actually leave the network adapter there. When you click OK it will likely say networking not complete, continue? just hit OK and reboot.

After restarting go back to networking, add the TCP/IP protocol and reboot (should only have the network adapter and TCP/IP that is bound to it in networking at this point), after rebooting go to RUN and type WINIPCFG and see if its getting an IP address. If it is go back to networking and add back M$ networks and click the box for file and printer sharing. If its not well.... upgrade to XP (be sure the router is working correctly too, prolly need a 2nd PC to know thou)

Re: OT: Wireless internet?
#51399 07/09/04 06:30 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
yikes that sounds technical! lol.

I had it working without the stupid gateway deal and i turned off the security but when i restart it doesnt work again, as usual. i guess for now i will just have to redo the network wizard everytime i start it up

I might just return this stuff and buy another cable modem. Why i didnt do that in the first place is beyond me

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup