Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lets let the drama die
#51839 07/09/04 04:49 AM
buff
OP Offline
buff
This should be my last post here in hopes that this whole misunderstanding will die.

First and foremost, I want to give props to the Axiom CS - I had a problem with my Axioms and the vinyl flaw it had and they dealt with me in the most professional manner. They told me it was probably B-stock and refunded me 40$. Props to Axiom CS, I wish everyone else was like them.

Next, I would like to tell everyone that I never meant any harm to this great forum. I merely came in with the purpose of sharing my comparo as many others have - perhaps a misunderstanding along the way caused this chiasm between us and all this "hate" has erupted.

Personally, I dont mind doubts regarding my review or regarding my findings because afterall, there is not a set "Scientific Method" for which speakers should be compared with to ensure the most logical, calculated, and rational conclusions.

I am sorry if my punctuation and grammar (or lack of) has given problems or casted doubts on my legitamacy as a truthful writer and more as a troublemaker. I just try to type as fast as I can and more so the way thoughts flow in my head. I do apologize.

My opinions are my own. I never meant to sway anybody and I never meant to cause trouble here. I suppose I could have not posted my review, I was too naive to think that it was anything positive and constructive with regards to Axiom. Problem was, people were cut-and-pasting my little reviews from the HTS and HTF and I was getting personal attacks without anyone even knowing who I was. So I hoped that a more professional (grammatically) and thorough review would remove those doubts people had about me personally. I guess I just added to the fire.

I appreciate rebuttals and competing opinions, this makes the world go 'round. What I DONT APPRECIATE are the personal attacks. Attacks on my becoming doctor, my "forearm", popeye remarks, my belief that Axioms are garbage, my computer as a basis for audio means that I dont know anything about audio, my personal prerogative to cause trouble here, the WAY I TYPE... all these have no basis and should not have ever been brought up. Personal attacks never solve anything - it just creates tension that need not be present. This was to be a discussion regarding speakers, I NEVER attacked ANYONE HERE but I am very appalled to find that I am ATTACKED at every chance some here get. I do appreciate those who have given me support either through the posts or through PM on this and several other forums. Thanks. To everyone else, I dont mind attacks on my opinions, but you do not know me, never met me, nor have the right to demean me (or anybody else for that matter).

About the postings on 4 forums, I am really really sorry. I just wanted to sell the Axioms and I did see a "for sale" post once or twice on those forums so I thought I was ok. I just never realized that I was spamming until I looked back the next day. I am very sorry, if I could remove them I would.

Axiom are good speakers, maybe they are just not for me. But this does not mean that they are bad speakers because they are not! Axioms have their own sound and judging by the many who came and attacked me and my opinions, Axioms MUST be doing something right to have such supporters. =)

So, this is to let this whole drama die. Good bye and good luck on whatever your audio hobbies take you. Maybe we shall meet again elsewhere and hopefully under better circumstances.

Signed,
Joey V.
Former Axiom Afficionado, but still respects Axiom as a whole

PS
If anyone doubted my setup (2x6 or anyone else):

Axiom Setup:
http://www.techimo.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=5922&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

H2O Computer:
http://www.techimo.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=5921&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Good bye everyone... see you all later! =)

JOEY's PC Sound System: Polk LSi7 (x4, mains and rears) and SVS 25-31PC+ (sub)
Re: Lets let the drama die
#51840 07/09/04 07:53 PM
devotee
devotee
pinipig;

I followed the whole brouhaha surrounding your review but didn't get involved until now. Your post was well thought out, articulate, and should be a wake-up call to those who posted personal attacks aimed at you.

That said, I agree that posting your review here without introducing yourself first probably contributed to the mess. This board is mostly inhabited by folks who do not use shorthand in posting their messages. Additionally, we are very pro-Axiom here and anybody who has anything not-so-nice to say about Axioms is going to step on some toes, especially when your review directly contradicts the experiences of so many of us. I have never heard M22's, but my M60's have a soundstage that extends well beyond the speakers. Posting an ad selling your speakers on 4 separate boards, however, seemed a bit like rubbing our noses in it. None of this, however, is an excuse to engage in personal attacks, and though I did not participate, I am sorry that the level of discourse deteriorated so badly.

I hope that as a group we can put this all behind us. As far as I am concerned, you are welcome here even though you will soon own no Axioms...you wouldn't be the only member of the board who doesn't own Axioms.

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"
#51841 07/09/04 07:58 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
well said mark! WOW, republicans are really smart!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#51842 07/09/04 08:16 PM
local
local
I would second all that, especially about being welcome even if you don't own Axiom's.

Mark
#51843 07/09/04 08:20 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Again. Well done sir! I agree with the sentiments expressed.

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 583 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup