Well - the m22s and ss16s have arrived. The speakers do indeed sound very nice. Seem like plenty of oomph to fill the room and the detail I can hear is a considerable step up from the jpw speakers I had before. Its fun listening to CDs again to discover new stuff. Very nice. I think I need to upgrade my interconnects but apart from that the setup sounds like it will keep me happy for a while before I want my sub.

A bit less sure about the stands - it was rather hard to screw the rubbery bits into the bottom of the base ( seemed like badly grooved holes) and then I couldn't seem to assemble the aluminmum bit and the top with the spindle. Seems to me the spindle is an inch too short to work - or else I am doing something stupid. Anyway, customer support are sending me two new spindles to see if that fixes. Can't say I love the look of the stands anyway but we'll see how they look when put together.

For the moment the JPWs are serving as stands - hopefully the stands arrive soon - I feel bad using old friends in such a humble role - they are destined for bedroom duty after that.