Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
3 piece AX 1.2 Speakers
#524 12/04/01 07:47 PM
Derek Offline OP
OP Offline
Back in 1994 I worked a part time job at at Factory Store outlet that sold electronics. At that time, we were selling an Axiom 3 piece speaker system(model AX 1.2), 1 non powered sub and 2 speakers that fed out of the sub. I can't not rememember the exact sale price, I think they ran between ($100 - $200). I of course purchased my own set and I have to tell everyone, There has never been a better engineered speaker on the face of the planet. These speakers image so well, you really do not need surround sound, the crash of a cymbol, the song of a violin, or the keys of a piano, sound so life like, you would swear the intstument is being played right inside the speaker. Now on the verge of the year 2002, these speakers are still the essential part of my sound/entertainment system and still produce the warmth and soul moving vibrations, as clear as the day I took them out of thier box. One thing I did notice when selling the speakers, was a change in the type of tweeter that was used, the first tweeter looked like a normal tweeter, the second type of tweeter(which is the kind I have), has an internal circular look, almost like twisted wire circleling the tweeter. I will probaly put it in my will that these speakers be burried with me when my time comes. I do not think angels voices could replace these speakers for me. Now for the burning Question, Why did Axiom stop selling this model? And the only reason I ask, is that I think everyone should have a chance to own the best sounding speaker in the world, oh ya, and at the price of a song.

crystal clear
Re: 3 piece AX 1.2 Speakers
#525 12/06/01 09:37 AM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Thanks for your comments; the AX1.2 was a great little speaker. In fact we receive many wonderful comments about our entire AX series. The new Millennia series is designed with the same performance goals as the AX series, but with our latest refinements. If we tried to put the AX1.2 into our current model line up it would be like an M2.5 (somewhere between an M2 and an M3).

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616