Axiom Ct60
#52 05/03/01 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen the Sale on this website for the CT60. I have a little information about them (basics), but was wondering if I could get an idea of what they are "best" at. ARe they primarily a home theater speaker, or do they do music well also? What is their competition, what can I guage them against? They seem to be a little like the Paradigm phantom and a few Polk's I have seen- with the titanium tweeter being the exception, of course. Since I am nowhere near any where that sells these speakers , and am really looking hard at them- (I have never heard of your speakers( thanks to Soundstage! for the link)- but now FINALLY the paradigms I like have some competition in the bang for the buck category! [ I have the ATOMS and would like to use the CT60 as A- mains and A-fronts with the Atoms being B-mains and A-rears] ). Home theater is OK and I enjoy it- but I like music better. I know this is the Axiom website :), but I REALLY like my Atoms- I would like the compararble clean and clear, mostly uncolored sound that they have, with a little bit meatier midrange and more bass- which is why I am wondering about the CT60. I have read the soundstage review of the m3ti, and a few other reviews and was very impressed, but have found nothing on the ct60. ANy help and information would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Axiom Ct60
#53 05/07/01 04:53 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Hello Again!

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you! We've been trying to find out specifically what would be the better choice for you, and ran a few experiments.

We've done the comparison with the Phantom speakers, and we feel that the CT60s would be a better sound. But all speakers in that category lack the midrange we think you are looking for (for music more than home theater use). Though we think you'd be happy with the CT60s, if your budget allows for it, any of the M3, M22 or M40 would be an all-round better choice for what you are looking for. They will not over balance the Atoms. The M22 and M40 have more bass than the M3s, since you mentioned that was important as well.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044