Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 172 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 171 172
Re: Just some more fact checking
#53209 09/03/04 10:35 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

I detect a sudden sense of desperation in y'all's posts. Not liking the latest polls?

Desperation? Hardly. It's just that I've been given a whole new load of ammo with last nights speach.

I remember when gas was $.070 a gallon too. I remember when a pair of Levi's was $15...that's a REALLY lame arguement.

I worked all day, went to school all night, and am still paying off my loans. I didn't have any "bling-bling". Besides...$4050, not the promised $5100 is only the maximum allowed - not all recipients get that much.

Why am I not surprised in the least by your response to a CLEAR distortion of Bush's record?

#53210 09/03/04 10:48 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
I think Kerry will lose. Again, I'm a lifelong democrat, and have yet to find a democrat who really likes Kerry. I've found many who hate Bush, but Kerry's actual support for him as a candidate for president is soft.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#53211 09/03/04 11:05 PM
aficionado
aficionado
As much as it pains me to do so, I'm voting with the Dark Side this year. I cannot abide the large majority of this rootin', tootin' idealogue's policies, but Kerry hasn't shown me anything of substance.

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds
#53212 09/03/04 11:10 PM
shareholder in the making
If pointing out facts and disproving statements made by speakers at the RNC is a sign of desperation, then I suppose all your comments after the DNC were out of desperation as well?

If anything, we look desperate simply because we are outnumbered here. We don't have many people to slap our butts when we make a good play.

I don't keep track of polls. They are manipulative, if not manipulated.

I'll give you this: After hearing Bush's speech, I no longer dislike the man as intensely as I did before -- but I still disagree with him.

NO MORE YEARS!

#53213 09/03/04 11:14 PM
Look at it this way: Did Bush really have substance when he was elected? Not really, but many would say he rose to the occasion. The Presidency is defined not just by the man, but by whom he chooses to surround himself with.

I think Kerry et al will quickly fill the shoes Bush leaves/might leave in office, and then will likely trade them in for less slippery ones.

#53214 09/03/04 11:15 PM
2x6, I definitely agree with you. Many people hate Bush, but you can probably count those who love Kerry on one hand.

Re: OT: politics
#53215 09/03/04 11:18 PM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
Smile BigWill... The fact that the NEA makes life miserable for parents, administrators, and tax payers does not mean all teachers are bad. I would guess 80 % are wonderful... The problem is the 20 % are untouchable... and all it takes is one teacher like that to ruin a kid's academic career.

As a family, we are very involved on our kid's schools... and also support our public schools... buying every find raising project that comes by.

And... We still pay school taxes.

We also NEED more parental involvement... too many parents are quick to blame anyone but little Johnny...

What we don't need is more money... just smarter use of money.

Do me one small favor... don't confuse yourself with Union Thugs ... ... you are MUCH better than that, my friend.

#53216 09/03/04 11:18 PM
devotee
devotee
In reply to:

Reasons to vote for Kerry without mentioning the "B" word.

1) The constitution is not meant to deny any group of people equal rights.
2) Stem Cell research should be funded.
3) If you don't believe that the US's role in the world is to topple any and all governments that we dislike.
4) If you want to keep Church and State separate.
5) Supreme court justice appointments.
6) If you believe in the U.N. and what it stands for.
7) If you are pro-choice.
8) If you believe in actively seeking and funding alternative fuel sources to help cut our dependancy on foreign oil, rather than simply drilling in our own national parks.
9) You want a President that will respect our allies.

OK Spiff.. Nice job. You are 1 in a million.

However, I can show the flip side on every one.

#1) According to your side, if you are between 1 second old and 9 months old (minus 20 minutes), you have NO rights. I'd get 20 years in jail for punching a gay guy in the mouth, but a "doctor" can suck an 8 month old's brains out with a shop vac with impunity.

2.) Agreed, but my side thinks that Michael Moore could have started one hell of a stem cell research foundation with all of that money he spent lying about Bush. Hmm... Instead of "Rock Against Bush", how about "Rock For Stem Cells"???

3.) We haven't taken out any countries because we dislike them. The ones we took out, we took out because we HAD to.

4.) The Constitution says "...there shall be no state sponsored religion", it does not say "seperation of church and state". My side believes that Judeo Christian values are the foundation of the state itself, and that those values are precisely WHY the US has become great. Destroy the foundation and the house falls.

5.) You're damn straight, skippy. The 9th Circus Court of Appeals in California is a prime example of why we've got to keep those liberal judges out. We agree on something !!!! (ok.. I snuck that one in - you weren't specific)

6.) I believe in the concept behind, and 75% of the stated goals of the U.N.. Unfortunately, the U.N. as it stands now is corrupt, inept, and morally flawed. You follow that current flock of losers. I'm not. Clean house, maybe I will...

7.) See #1. I am pro life. The choice comes before the sperm hits the egg. After that, you're talking murder disguised as medicine. If I'm wrong, people accidentally live. If you're wrong, people accidentally die. Exactly how sure ARE you? Who is cruel?

8.) I believe in getting oil wherever and whenever we can. I also believe that there are HUGE profits to be made in the area of alternative fuels. If I can make a buck in engineering them, producing them, or selling them, I'm all for it. It is stupid to stop producing the oil we need BEFORE we have invented, and have in full production, the alternative. Invent the wheel BEFORE building the cart, and don't sell your mule to buy the wood you need to build the cart.

9.) Our current President respects the ones that deserve our repect. France's position was wrong. They played nice with the terrorists, and their people got taken hostage the very first time they went against what the terrorists wanted them to do. Hmm... over 100 dead in a school in Russia this week, too. They also played nice with the terrorists... Our President was proven right again.

Oh... and I'm not a neo-con. I'm just a regular old generic conservative, thank you.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#53217 09/03/04 11:40 PM
axiomite
axiomite
As much as you may like to believe otherwise, I'm not "on a side".

1) I DON'T believe that abortions later than the first trimester should be allowed.

2) Unless you know where all his money is gone, you're talking out your backside on this one. In fact, he even let his fans help decided which charity would get his tax refund last year. He does give his money to worthy causes.

3) We'll just disagree on this one. We did not HAVE TO take out Iraq.

4) Again, we simply disagree. I don't believe christion beliefs are the foundation of our nation. Great, you believe what you believe - don't make it law for everyone else. I don't believe in state money going into faith based organizations. Yes, they do a lot of good, but it's still federal money supporting a particular religion.

5) I think you know what I meant here.

6) So if it's broken, you just throw it away? Since the fall of the Soviet Union, the US has essentially become the only super power on earth. That shouldn't make us the worlds biggest bully as well. The WORLD oppossed the war in Iraq. The anti-war rallies around the world prior to the invasion were the largest mass protests in the history of the world. The only reason we went it alone is because we could. NOT a good reason.

7) I guess I like living on the edge. I'm also an athiest, so if I'm wrong on that one, I'm really screwed, aren't I?

8) I'm not suggesting stopping all domestic oil production. What I'm suggesting is MASSIVE incentives to get the ball rolling on alternatives. It's going to take some major bucks to get the oil and auto industries to get off their asses and come up with a true alternative. Right now it's too easy for them to sit back and roll in the money. The prize has to be worth the risk. A country free from foreign oil isn't a worthy prize to corporate america. The only thing corporate america jumps for is MONEY. Show them the money, and they'll show us a REAL car that runs without fossil fuel.

9) There's a difference between respecting your allies and agreeing with them.

#53218 09/03/04 11:44 PM
aficionado
aficionado
RA RA RA.

Go peter, go peter, it's your birthday.

Seriously, nice work guys. I read this thread, but don't post. It makes my stomach hurt....

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
Page 61 of 172 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 171 172

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (fonthillbilly), 235 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup