Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Totem Dreamcatchers
#5435 09/15/02 04:58 AM
devotee
devotee
My two cents on the Paradigm audition Chess...(such a coincidence!!)...I listened to my M60's for two hours yesterday, then drove to hear the same cd's with the Studio 40's. They even had the new Yamaha I have with their 40's. My very untrained ear and limited audio vocabulary will not begin to describe the differences between the two. I will just simply say that I am very glad I chose the 60's. I heard the 40's two months ago when I began the search for my home theater package and almost pulled that trigger. After extensive online forum research, I chose the Axioms unheard. I just had a hunch. I returned yesterday to rationalize that purchase and to do some research for a friend. Silly I know, but I didn't want the buyers remorse cloud hanging over me. I am feeling no remorse after the audition. So would you call the "after-audition phase", the "validation phase"? If so, my decision was validated. Hopefully I can post my pics soon. I'm very proud of the results.

#5436 09/15/02 04:29 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I can honestly say i've gone through the same phase. Although i have yet to satisfy my curiousity and head back to borrow the Angstrom speakers i auditoned as a direct in home comparison.
I really would love to hear their sound again but i've easily vindicated my purchase in knowing that if (and i did) have any problems, that Axiom the company would be easy to deal with.
I never seriously considered the PSB, Paradigm lineups due to a strong local influence of advice. I did however briefly look at Energy and auditioned the B&W 603 series.

Last edited by chesseroo; 09/15/02 04:37 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#5437 09/16/02 09:00 PM
D
veteran
veteran
D
xforce,

Twice you mention that you think (price being similar) that if you took apart an M22ti and a Paradigm Reference 20, that you expect to find better quality parts in the Reference 20, yet you don't explain why. Could you please elaborate??

Also, this was posted in the stereo section by Sean, if you haven't had a chance to read it, it's an informative and recent comparison of Axiom M22ti, Paradigm Reference 40v2, and a few other higher end speakers.

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/loudspeakers/faceoff3_a.php

As you will read, there are some who still consider the M22ti to give you considerable bang for your buck.

As far as which system is right for you, only you can answer that, if you ask for advice on the axiom boards, you should expect axiom owners touting their speakers

After auditioning Reference 20's & 40's, PSB's, Boston Acoustics, Mirage, JBL, I decided to go with the M22ti's and I am more than pleased by their performance and thier great value (saved a lot of strife between me and the wife). Unfortunately did not listen to any Totems although I LOVE the looks of the Arro, Forest, etc.

Good Luck,

DL

DL
#5438 09/17/02 12:26 AM
xforce Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
I hope nobody is getting me wrong, I really like Axiom speakers and think they are a very good speaker. The one frustrating thing is that when i first looked at Axiom products last winter.....no question the very best value in cdn made speakers. I laid off speakers research for awhile and now that I'm back into it again I've found that Axiom is not the astounding value they were. Yes, I agree Axiom owners on an Axiom board will defend their speakers, I expect that, but lets be open to others opinions. My point is that there is a few excellent speakers that to my ears are as good or better than Axiom and priced very close.
I still have not purchased any Axiom products, but am looking for advice on possible use with a tube amp. These high efficiency speakers are a whole world apart from the mainstream and a whole different listening audience...a lot of DIY type people.

My education is never ending!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020