Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
HEY Ian - Axiom M80Ti vs. Swan Diva 6.1 ?
#537 12/07/01 03:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ian C.
How do the M80Ti compare to the Swan Diva 6.1's? Here:
http://www.av123.com/divaproducts.html I figure you would know what the competitions is putting out.... I sure you have come across them at CEDIA ??? Show or some show. The 6.1's look real nice but I want to hear that the Axiom M80's by design (number of cones / surface area / etc / etc) out perform the 6.1's........Looking for your reply! THANKS in advance.....TIM

Re: HEY Ian - Axiom M80Ti vs. Swan Diva 6.1 ?
#538 12/07/01 12:48 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Actually I have never heard of these speakers before. From the website I see where they are made exclusively for AV123.com, which appears to be an online retailer. Sorry I can help you out with this one.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
#539 12/07/01 08:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"One of audio's best-kept secrets is speaker mega-maker, HiVi Research. Sprawled across three cities in China....."

$1300 dollar for chinese speakers? Uh-NO. They are just cheap wharfedales gussied up with "fine" veneers. U go to that U auction site, and save yourself hundreds.

Or better YET, buy some real speakers--- Axioms, and KNOW that you are buying QUALITY Canadian speakers from a company who cares about it's customers (I DO own Axioms), instead of some cheap Chinese crap. Ian, you are a patient person....:)

#540 12/08/01 05:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THANKS!!!!!!!!!! I would NOT have known!! I'm going to take Axiom up on the 30 day deal. And take them for a spin! I have liked everything that I've read here......Again THANKS for the help......Tim

#541 12/08/01 05:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read the Axiom reviews at soundstage, masters, goodsound, etc. With the 30 day return policy, what is there to lose? Oh-Yes- I'm sure you WON'T be returning them.

#542 12/11/01 12:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Upstairs:
Although I am a proud owner of Axiom speaker, but I am quite repulsive by your comments. Have you listen and see the Diva speaker in person?
Check out the www.cheaphometheater.com and their speaker shoot out.

#543 12/11/01 03:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry your "quite repulsive" by the comments. I don't need to see or hear the Diva's. All I have to do is read the comments from Ian Masters, Audioreview(CONSUMERS reviewing-swan products nowhere to be seen), SOundstage's M22 review, and my reflect on my own experience with the M22. I did view the review you linked, I STILL believe it is silly to spend $1300 on chinese speakers (identical drivers to wharfedales- compare them if you must..) over $350 on a pair of speakers that are put out by a company that takes it products AND it's customer service seriously. I'll give Ian my business over some big Chinese speaker conglomerate any day-Axiom earns it with clearly superior products. I'm sure that is the reason that you purchased axioms over swan(wharfedale) or some other brand of speakers.

#544 12/11/01 04:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know you didn't hear any Diva speaker that's why you couldn't speak objectively. I heard their 6.1 at New York Audio show last sprint. With room full most expensive speakers, like Wilson, JML Utopia, Lynn, running on exotic amp. Only with a outlaw 1050 receiver, 6.1 sound very good compare to them.
Look www.avsforum.com and you will find hundreds posts from Diva owner.
Please don't judge any product without any object knowledge, except maybe BOSE.

#545 12/11/01 04:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe that the Chinese swans compare to the JML Utopias - however, you say you were there, I cannot say that. I am more than happy to judge a product without object knowledge: if you look at wharfedales and swan, they use the same drivers- and they are made at the same factory in China. I personally try to buy as little as possible from repressive communist China (especially items over $500!!), so I don't need to listen to them- in that instance, that is where my "object knowledge" ends. For the price/performance ratio, Axioms are clearly the better choice. For many people, such as myself, it is simply unfathomable to purchase Chinese speakers for $1300 when there are better choices out there like Axiom and other Canadian, German, American, French, Italian, etc. brands to support.

#546 12/11/01 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Helloooo, we are talking speaker here not social ideology. And what's communist to do with speaker. Unfortunately chinese stuff are everywhere. 20 years ago people think everything made in Japan is garbage.
When you look at M80 review in audioreview.com,one person trashed it just because it's big and with titanium tweeter without listening and some people in audioasylum.com think Canadian speakers are garbage only European speakers are worth conside. How is that make you feel?
Most people are not able to hear axiom before the purchaes and rely on forum like this to get honest and objective opinion. Comments like yours are not helping axiom that why I admire Ian for his honesty and integrity with his answer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters