Print Thread
Rate Thread
SACD
#57222 08/12/04 05:32 PM
JaimeG Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
I bought the DarkSideOfTheMoon SACD cd like 10 months ago. Finally, today got to play it in SACD, I can only say, wow!
The surround channels are crystal clear, even though I am still using jbl Control 5 monitor for surrounds. I think I catch that shopping virus that is roaming around this list; I now have a urge to buy a pair of M22ti for surrounds… I’m sick, some body stop me!!

BTW: Does anyone have recommendations on SACD or DVD-A?
I heard Toto Hydra is available on SACD, one of my favorite’s albums of all time.

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg
Re: SACD
#57223 08/12/04 06:17 PM
old hand
old hand
The only SACD I have is the re-issue of Dylan's "Oh Mercy." It's just stereo -- which is fine by me since I don't have surrounds yet -- and it's obviously not one of Dylan's greatest albums. Still, when I listened to it yesterday on my new Denon 2200, I was fairly impressed by the fidelity. Don't think I'd recommend it as a great SACD buy, though.

My girlfriend has the SACD re-issue of Dylan's "Another Side Of" (since I got it for her for her birthday, heh). I'm going to give that a spin after work today. I'll let you know how that turns out.

In the meantime, check out the other Dylan re-issues, I hear some of them are really great. A good portion of the Stones' classic albums have been re-issued, too.

Re: SACD
#57224 08/12/04 10:18 PM
veteran
veteran
I have about 40 DVD-A and SACD (about 20 each), so it is hard to narrow it down since I really like most of them. For DVD-A, a few of my favorites are Yes Fragile, Steely Dan Everything Must Go, Neil Young On the Beach, Porcupine Tree In Absentia, and Grateful Dead Workingman's Dead and American Beauty.

For SACD, a few of my favorites are DSOTM, Dylan Blood on the Tracks, Billy Joel The Stranger, Elton John GBYBR, Who Tommy, and Stones Beggars Banquet.

There really are a bunch more I could list, but these are all really solid.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
2 members (chapin99, Cork), 195 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup