Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
Re: Shill
#57834 08/23/04 05:38 PM
aficionado
aficionado
What do you mean by this? "this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff."

I can tell you that I'm not getting a check from Axiom!
Thats because I'm not employeed by Axiom.

M80's VP150 QS8's Earthquake SuperNova MKV-15
Integra DTR-7.4 Outlaw 755 Outlaw M200's Outlaw ICBM
#57835 08/23/04 05:46 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
MTNBKR- i would have to ask the same question as tleigh..

if you are making the assumption that the members of this board are paid and work for axiom, then you are wrong. in fact, moderators from axiom araely bother this board.. actaully as someone has already mentioned, the fact that this thread is still active is a testament to axiom as a company and their confidence in their product.

you are terribly mistaken with the assumptions you are making about this board and the members that use it.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#57836 08/23/04 05:48 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Normally I don't get sucked in by newbie trolls, but I couldn't let a few of his comments pass.

In reply to:

... this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff.

Well you demonstrated your ignorance right off the bat. Any Axiom staff member that posts here, and that doesn't happen often, has his/her screen name in red. Any poster who's just an ordinary Joe/Jane has their name in blue, just like you.

In reply to:

MarkB you ain't gonna find the answer you are looking for here ...

What he will find here are Axiom owners and others who will attempt to give as honest an opinion as possible. Will they be biased. Sure. Just as YOU ARE BIASED by your purchase. No more, no less. The biggest difference is we haven't gone to your home and insulted you.

In reply to:

Well, let's just say that in appreciation for an honest, unbiased review on AudioReview.com they have offered select customers, including me, a bonus gift. Not a bad way for them to get their name out there, eh!

Seeing as I am not an AudioReview.com member it looks like I'll have to sign up for an account before posting my review. I suppose that explains the reviews from many new audio review members.

Now let me see if I have this correct. You're getting a "gift" from the manufacturer for a review that, as yet, is unpublished? Did the manufacturer suggest you submit this review? Did they solicit reviews by offering a gift for anybody that would write an "unbiased" review? Sounds like payola to me.

In reply to:

that statement proves to me that this NeverHappy person is out and out lying.

Oh, VERY BAD FORM. Let's see, you come to the Axiom forum and in your first post call a member an out and out liar? Do you have any proof, or are you just libelous be nature?

Ah and the piece de resistance:

In reply to:

The moral of the story, if you want an honest opinion visit an unbiased website for your answers.

Oh like your opinion, for which you are receiving a "gift" is, of course, TOTALLY unbiased.

I know nothing about you, except for the fact that you seem to have the habit of going off half cocked, but I would suspect you are young and naive. It's a certainty that you are rude and unwise. I suggest that you take a little time to grow and when you learn how to behave, you will be welcome here anytime.

Now prove to me that I'm wrong by posting a well thought out, considerate, logical reply.

Apologies to you, MarkB, for my testy reply. It's been a tough day.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#57837 08/23/04 06:00 PM
shareholder in the making
Oh yeah, btw, I'm on Axiom's payroll. Yeah, whatever, dude...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#57838 08/23/04 06:11 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ha ha ha, me too! Where's my effin' check?

#57839 08/23/04 06:25 PM
Nah, they gave me a full set of speakers free. Epic 80 with extra M22s, an extra VP150, and an extra EP350. Yeah.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#57840 08/23/04 06:34 PM
K
veteran
veteran
K
Very well said, Ajax.

What I find interesting about my experience with Axiom is that I knew nothing about the company before I started seeing positive professional reviews popping up all the time, along with positive reviews on Audioreview and the Axiom site. But what really caught my eye was the fact that even here, the reivews all seemed to say the same thing. They may not be the best speakers ever created (not that there is one "best speaker" anyway), but that for the money, the quality and sound are tough to beat.

If I would have seen reviews on this board that were trying to hard sell me on their speakers, much in the way that this new person seems to be doing, or how the original posting of this thread seemed to start out, I would have run the other way because it just would have seemed like a scam. The same scam that I think Streem speakers seems to be running.

#57841 08/23/04 07:20 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ditto that. I retract my apology.

#57842 08/23/04 07:25 PM
devotee
devotee
I just checked out Audioreview.com. Streem main speakers have a total of 8 reviews. Axiom mains have a total of 189. Even though I don't place a lot of faith in the reviews there (after all, who is going to admit they bought crappy equipment?), 189 reviews carries a lot more weight than 8.

I'm not saying Streem speakers are bad, just that they're an unknown quantity, and their lack of a physical address, and reviews that are quotes from their website, raise red flags. I'd rather spend $800 on a sure thing than $400 on an unknown quantity.

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"
#57843 08/24/04 12:09 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Oh boy.........what to say, what to say. I know..........nothing at all! Your post did more to state my case then I ever could. Well done! You have proved that this thread is a bogus attempt to gain attention to a bottom of the line speaker and not much else. I would however like to point out a few glaring errors that you conveniently overlooked:

In reply to:

this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff.

What part of "I'm currently running Monitor Audio's" did you not get? Do some research zippy before you post. I was unable to find a set of Axiom's that did it for 100%. Did you not get that? Do I need to go slower?

In reply to:

yes ME, actually own a set of HT-500's from Streem and I can tell you that they absolutely rock. They are so far from "Lot's of bass and not much else" that that statement proves to me that this NeverHappy person is out and out lying.

No, actually I think you are the one with the perception problem here. I don't much like being called a liar but it's funny, I have no desire to defend myself against you. I have bought and sold more quality stuff in the last 6 months then I'm sure you have ever owned and the folks on these boards know it. I have a basis for my comparisons. Do you? I have heard them and there junk. I didn't want to say it but if you want the truth, you got it. Bring them over and I guarantee you I can have them smoking in under 10 minutes. What have you owned before that you are comparing them to? In order for you to make a comparison of this nature I'm assuming you must have at one time owned better or perhaps..... god help you, worse? And please don't post that you have had B&W's, Paradigms, Totems, Monitor's etc as you will only embarrass yourself more then you already have.

In reply to:

they have offered select customers, including me, a bonus gift. Not a bad way for them to get their name out there, eh!

I think most people would prefer honest reviews that have not been biased by "Special Gifts" but this goes to show the nature of the company. I wouldn't buy from them based on that alone......and I bet you 10 to 1 I'm not the only one.

In reply to:

The moral of the story, if you want an honest opinion visit an unbiased website for your answers.

You got one and didn't like it. But just out of curiosity how would I find a site with honest thoughts on Streem speakers? I will also need to know how I can tell if I'm reading a post from somebody who got the "Special Gift".............God does that sound stupid. "Special Gift?"

In reply to:

You wanted an opinion from someone that has heard both Axiom and Streem speakers so here I am. Axioms speakers may sound great but you can't get a better pair of speakers than Streem's for the money.

Once again you got an opinion from someone who has heard both. The fact that you don't like what I have to say is to bad. We do however agree on your last point. Streem is a good value for the money until Wal Mart starts selling there own brand of speakers and then look out! :-)

Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 226 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup