Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hello I'm drunkonjack
#58230 08/21/04 12:48 PM
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
Hi I wanted to introduce myself and Hope that you will welcome me to your forum. I do believe we have some things in common as I enjoy great sounding audio and like to get involved with audio discussions . I am not an Axiom owner but have heard only great things about them. Maybe someday I will have the oppertunity to hear them . I will tell you that I'm an Onix Rocket owner just so that you know. I have already been placed on double secret probation and plan on being a good forum member.

Re: Hello I'm drunkonjack
#58231 08/21/04 01:04 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
double secret probation.. funny..

there are several folks on this site that dont own any axioms, so you are not alone. and there are several on here that own and like rockets just fine. so its all good.

glad you decided to come join in our conversations, and your audio experience and input are more than welcome here.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#58232 08/21/04 01:22 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
There r Rocket owners who frequent this forum? I don't believe it.

#58233 08/21/04 01:36 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i cant think of their names right off hand, but i know there are a few.

i knew someone was gonna put me on the snide like this.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#58234 08/21/04 01:39 PM
axiomite
axiomite
HAH! And I'm the one who put him on double secret probation.

I have a confession to make. For a long time I've lurked over at the av123 forum. You can learn a lot at other forums. But, about a month, or so, ago, the opportunity to introduce myself arose, and I took it.

Craigsub, he's "BigCigar" over there (why does that moniker make me think of Bill Clinton? ) had a thread going and I wanted to make a comment, so I signed up, made my intoduction, explained that I wasn't there to buy rockets or sell Axioms, but to learn and, if possible, help. I didn't want to just sneak in. And, much to my pleasant surprise, most everyone has been very gracious to me. I must admit it took some courage, so I know what DOJ (short for drunkonjack) is feeling right now. Be brave, DOJ. (LOL! He said that now he knows how he'd feel if he cheated on his wife )

As I just admitted to DOJ in a PM, though my primary purpose in posting at av123 was to learn, in the back of my mind, and in my heart of hearts, it was my hope that the two forums could, if not become friends, and least become friendly. We have a lot more in common than not; good companies with good customer service and good products; a love of good music/movies, and a love of good equipment to reproduce them. So, as you can imagine, I'm overjoyed that DOJ has screwed up his courage, and taken the plunge. I want to assure you that I'm just as surprised to find him here as you are. I'm not suggesting we all whip out our guitars and start singing "kumbaya," or "It's A Small World After All." But, there's no reason we can't get along, and if necessary, agree to disagree.

Like our forum, there are a large number of good folks, a few irrascible ones, and the occasional newbie idiot (or not-so-newbie idoit, as the case may be). DOJ happens to be one of the good folks, with a great sense of humor. On the whole they are a more civilized bunch than we are, and DOJ may not be used to our wild and wooly ways. So, for pity's sake, be gentle with the guy will ya? Treat him like you would want to be treated. Behave yourselves! Who knows? Peace might break out.

DOJ, If it's not beneath a "Jack" man, check out the beer thread. It's ONLY 42 pages long. I never knew there were so many different brands of beer. Sheesh!

Make nice, littleb, or I'll send you an explosive PM.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#58235 08/21/04 01:42 PM
devotee
devotee
Hi drunk. Nice to meet you. What part of the world are you in? If you are in the Baltimore Washington metro area, you are welcome to stop by and check out my Axioms. I am sitting within 40 feet of an unopened bottle of Gentleman Jack, so you'de feel right at home. I have the same curiosity as you about the Rockets. I've never heard them, but I'd love to check them out someday.

Hmmmm... maybe a name change to buzzedonbeer??

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#58236 08/21/04 01:50 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
Sorry, John, I just couldn't restrain myself.

#58237 08/21/04 02:00 PM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
littleb... I own Axioms, Ascends, AND Rockets.. and love them all. Give me a pair of M-22's, ELT-CSE's, or 170's and a good subwoofer over Totem Hawks, Paradigm 100 V.3, PSB Stratus Goldi, and anything from Energy any day...

And yes, I have spent many hours listening to them all... These 3 internet direct companies are fantastic values...

#58238 08/21/04 09:53 PM
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
I live in Clinton Iowa . Its that loely looking area that when you are flying from one spot to another you fly right over. Nothing to exciting happens here . This is another reason I enjoy audio so much . I know craigsub we have done some things together and made I think $12.00 on the venture just can't remember what it was.

#58239 08/21/04 09:57 PM
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
Thanks for the kind words Ajax . As he has stated We have more in common than not and We can share some views on things and have fun in the same time. Thanks for all your welcomes so far. I will answer any of your questions if you have any.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters