Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Using Axiom Speakers with Royd speakers
#5830 09/18/02 11:14 PM
OP Offline
I have a pair of Royd Doublets which we would like to set up in a home theatre. Royd only makes high end speakers now, so we can't really find them. I would like to know if anybody has heard Royd speakers and would suggest the Axioms for a match.

Thanks.

Dave

Re: Using Axiom Speakers with Royd speakers
#5831 09/21/02 01:43 AM
F
fhw Offline
devotee
devotee
F
I've heard a few pairs of Royd speakers, and they were certainly clean and accurate. However, the store had them connected to about 15K in electronics, so how much of the accuracy is due to the speaker alone is debatable.

For transparency and accuracy (which I'm told is the main selling point of Royd), Axiom's best are either the M22 or the new M2i. The M80 is superb for detail and clarity, but is a much more "lively" speaker compared to Royds. If you're only looking for surrounds to be used in a movie setting, QS4s or QS8s are absolutely fantastic.

If you live in the Toronto area, at the NE corner of Dufferin and Lawrence is a store called (I think) Stewart's TV and Stereo. It used to be a TV repair shop but was being changed to a high-end hi-fi store that sold Royd among other brands.

You might also send a couple of e-mails to the guys at the Soundstage network (Doug Schneider, Wes Phillips, etc.) to ask their experiences.

Re: Using Axiom Speakers with Royd speakers
#5832 09/21/02 03:55 PM
OP Offline
I actually bought our Royd speakers at the store on Dufferin. They no longer make this line of speakers and the new line is much more expensive. The gentleman who runs the store is actually the Royd North American distributor and he is not sure what to do.

With the electronics we are using, the Royd's sound amazing.

Thanks for the information.

Dave

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020