Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Home Theater Computer
#59002 08/27/04 05:08 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I agree with whats been said here. Esp on the Creative card. Out of principle I refuse to EVER give money to that company again (SB Live! debacle). Anyway sounds like you are already doing the things you want on that PC. I think thats the beuty of a HTPC is it can do the things YOU want it to. I haven't kept up on it lately but I know there are some good HTPC front ends out there. Basically would run a GUI/Menu for ya to more easily play music, watch videos etc that you have on the PC. Might even interface a remote control to do basic tasks vs having to keep a keyboard/mouse around all the time.

Re: Home Theater Computer
#59003 08/27/04 02:46 PM
local
local
Hey Mark, sounds like you'll be having a lot of fun this weekend. I just started toying around with connecting my PC to the HDTV yesterday and so far it's been fun. I only have a Sony 32" (tube) so my results weren't astounding but I plan to go to a projector eventually. Anyway, I have an ATI AIW 9700Pro and have been a faithful AIW "fanboy" since my original AIW Radeon. I'm sure you're going to love what that card can do and the software is top notch, mostly. When you get things back up and running again, get ready to play around with a TON of resolutions on your HDTV. I spend a couple hours last night playing with several timings and resolutions and right now settled at 720P timngs. I also played a bit of Unreal Tournatment 2004 and that was problematic. Especially since 1024x768 and 800x600 are NOT HDTV standards. So I would have to change the res back and forth to get through the menus and game play. *grrr* The best part however was it sounds INCREDIBLE in 5.1 with the Axioms.

As Saturn already said, be sure to install PowerStrip. I have it and plan to do some more tweaking to see if I can get better results. Here's a good link about all this stuff.

ATI HDTV Guide

Best of luck

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup