aficionado
I agree. I like the black dust cap.

M80's VP150 QS8's Earthquake SuperNova MKV-15
Integra DTR-7.4 Outlaw 755 Outlaw M200's Outlaw ICBM
Re: New Axiom Subwoofers
#59507 09/04/04 08:52 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
My comment was just a guess. I certainly have no insider information. It just seems logical that at the 25 year mark Axiom would launch a new series of speakers. Then again I thought Detroit would always be making muscle cars says the ex-owner of a 1969 Z28 Camaro.

If nothing else I have high hopes for a BBQ .

getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/ep350/m60/m2200s
#59508 09/05/04 11:42 AM
devotee
devotee
The EP600 on it's side looks like a perfect TV stand for my 65" Mits.

Amie, 2 questions:

1.) Will it hold the 380 pound Mits? only kidding...

2.) Will the feet mentioned in the caption of the picture "The EP600 can either stand upright (shown) or can rest on its side using special support feet that come with it." make the top of the cabinet level, so that It could be used as a table? I guess the back legs would be taller?

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#59509 09/05/04 03:53 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

Although I am not currently in the market for a "new" sub Myself, I don't know if the "look at Me, I had a secret" series of posts, was the best way to "break" the news to forum members. Some making future purchase plans, MAY have perceived (the seemingly innocous) posts, as a tad bit..... obnoxious, perhaps expecting a different kind of "heads up".

I'm not sure if that was the intent here but I agree with your post overall. Marketing and launching a new product for most companies is done wrong as far as I'm concerned and tends to alienate more people then anything else. I don't like the way Outlaw does it. Letting out hints and teasers to me at least is the wrong way to do it. Say I'm sitting here thinking of getting a new Outlaw amp but there is a teaser floating around on a new amp. When is it coming, how much will it be? etc etc If I can't find the information I want at the end of the end, I may end up not buying from them. Or I buy a current model and 10 days later the new model comes out. I want the new model. Now I'm pissed. I have to pay to ship the one I just got back and shell out for the new one and wait for it to be delivered....and many other things. I like the way SVS for example does it. When they launched the new PC-Ultra they announced it on there web-site, gave an approximate date for availability. When it got closer to fruition, they updated with a firm availability date and the final selling price. Smart business. It helped not only new customers but also existing customers. If you were looking at a particular SVS sub and thought the Ultra might be something for you the option was there for you to wait and you knew not only how much, but when. If it was out of your price range, you had the knowledge to move on with something else. Most companies seem to have a fear of announcing a new product. It hurts there sales because some people will sit back and not buy from them while they are waiting for this new product to come out.

Just let it out! Do it the way SVS and others do it and you will have no problems at all.

I can go on about this forever as it's what I do for a living but it's way to early in the morning and I have only had one cup of coffee so far..................:-)

#59510 09/05/04 04:38 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I'd say you're doing fine with just one cup of coffee.
I'm such a smart a$$.

I agree somewhat. They need to be a little more upfront in a way that they won't become vulnerable to the competition. I can understand why companies are so secret when it comes to new products, they don’t want companies like Rocket grabbing their concept and or design and running with it. Just a thought….

#59511 09/05/04 05:00 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
True enough. The competitive nature of the audio world is something to always keep in mind as a manufacture. I guess my thoughts are there is little or no harm in announcing that company whatever will be launching product whatever within 30 day's. Nobody says they have to list specs etc but some upfront notice will make it a heck of a lot easier on people who are looking at buying one of there potential products.

Let's take Axiom for example. They are coming out with some new subwoofers. Why not announce a brief description of what it is they are working on now. Give details on what the planned release date is. Announce that costs will be determined closer to the final release date.....etc etc etc. By doing this they create some excitement on the new line. They also may create a customer base of people before they even have it ready. They also remove the possibility of pissing people off. If I was to buy a EP350 today and Axiom let out a new subwoofer 45 day's later. I might be pissed. My return window is gone and I may be stuck with something I now don't really want. I'm sure Axiom being the company they are would take my EP350 back and swap me for the new one but the point is still valid. Denon love them or hate them, does this well. We all know months in advance what they have coming out. If you think you can afford the flagship HT receiver, you hold off on buying the 3805 or whatever until the new one hits the streets. Main reason is advance notice and being upfront with your customers and your potential new customers.

Another example is all this talk on Axiom's new anniversary speaker line. Is it true? I have no idea but if it is why not let it out with some limited information? Maybe they have I'm just using it as a point of reference.

Anyway, I just think that creating some advance hype is a great tool that can work in a company's favour if done correctly.

2 cups of coffee down..............I think I'm starting to wake up a little! lol

#59512 09/05/04 05:37 PM
aficionado
aficionado
It's definitely a double-edged sword here. I totally agree with what you’re saying. A company should give a heads up on new products, just not too much info as a last minute change in the product design will no doubt occur causing more people to become pissed off because it looks different or the spec isn’t what was originally expected and etc. Not to mention that Rocket probably has the resources to clone an Axiom sub in a hurry for example.

At this point it really is hard to say why companies do what the do when it comes to topics such as this. I could guess all day and probably not have an answer.

I’m working on my third cup ‘o’ coffee.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616