Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
Re: OT-FOOTBALL
#59976 09/08/04 02:12 AM
veteran
veteran
Yeah, the Saints look is good. But not gold and brown. How about brown and...hmmm, let me think about this for awhile. Can I get back to you?

Come to think of it, brown and gold would definitely not be cool. It would sort of be like a washed out version of the Steelers. And they're washed out as it is!

You mean you don't like the old "Pat Patriot" logo?

He was the face of a losing franchise. But looking back on it now, I kind of like him (suppose he reminds me of my childhood in a way). I think Pat Patriot logo gear is pretty popular stuff in the Patriots pro shop, along with all the throwback jerseys of guys like Steve Nelson, John Hannah, and Steve Grogan.

#59977 09/08/04 02:43 AM
B
old hand
old hand
B
Wisconsin born and raised. I've been a Packer fan since I could see. I love to hear all the pro-Packer sentiments here.

I think I speak for a lot of Packer fans when I say that we truly appreciate where our franchise has come from, and recognize that there's nothing else like it in professional sports. If you've never been to Green Bay, I'd at least recommend a pass-through. If you think your town lives for your football team, you need to at least see it. Green Bay IS Packers football.

Good luck to all of your favorite teams this year (except maybe those Vikes ).

Go Packers and Go Badgers,
Scott

-------------------------------------------------
M60s, VP150 and QS8s (2)
Powered by Denon
#59978 09/08/04 04:35 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Going back to ur first post BigJohn I have to agree, thank godness its sept!

I watch the NFL but Colledge Football is much more fun to me. Anyone else out there a passionate CFB fan?

I wish baseball would just end first week of sept too, gah~

#59979 09/08/04 05:17 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Though I enjoy both, I enjoy college ball more than pro ball (huge Ohio State Buckeye fan). It's a little more unpredictable; a little less cut and dried.

Ohio State's national championship victory in the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago, arguably the best national championship game ever, gave me my finest moment in sports. I'll never forget it.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#59980 09/08/04 01:48 PM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Anyone else out there a passionate CFB fan?

i am passionate about ALL football.

i have season tickets on the 48 yeard-line for my local high school team. my family has been buying the tickets since 1985. so we go to their games on friday nights. we go to the games of our local college team, which are usually at 2 pm on saturdays. and then NFL, all day sunday.. it never stops.

thankfully, my wife is understanding of my 'football disease', so she just kinda lets me do my thing. she loves the game also, just not as crazy as me. we try and go to at least 1 or 2 cowboys games every year, and we want to go to houston to see the 'new' texans. we also like to catch at least one UT longhorns game, but their tickets are soo expensive.

this is most definitely my favorite time of the year, and i cant wait to get the season started tomorrow night. get the beer on ice, unplug the phone, make up some queso, and let the party begin.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#59981 09/09/04 03:46 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
So is UT gonna beat OU this year? hehe

I have to say that Miami/OSU game was pretty damn good. As a Husker fan its my duty to dispise Miami, so even since I'm not a big fan of any Big10 team I was happy to see OSU pull it out.

#59982 09/09/04 04:24 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

I have to say that Miami/OSU game was pretty damn good.

Well it certainly wasn't DULL!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#59983 09/09/04 04:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Of course my personal fav title game was 95 Feista Bowl, NU vs Florida. But I could see how that might not be as apealing to some as it was to me.

#59984 09/09/04 05:03 PM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

So is UT gonna beat OU this year? hehe

i hope so.. the 'red river classic' is probably the most pumped up game in the state of texas every year. they have that game in the cotton bowl during the texas state fair. the cotton bowl is actually ON the state fairgrounds, so it gets pretty crazy. half stadium red, half burnt orange.. you could split the colors in the endzone with a knife. OU has whipped our tails the last few years, really bad.. so i hope mack brown has an answer for those sooners this year.

ya'll be on the watch for UT running back Cedric Benson this year.. heismann candidate, great runner.. he played high school ball for the midland lee rebels, who play in the same district as our local team.. cedric led them to 3 consecutive texas 5A championship titles.. i been watching this kid run since he was 15 years old, so i am really pulling for him.. gotta support your local guys!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#59985 09/09/04 05:09 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ya I know the OU UT rivalry well. Up here in Husker teritory its all about knowing thy enemy.

I don't want to make predictions this early, maybe after the UT Arkansas game we'll know a little more about UT. That quarterback however is a nitemare to defenses, esp with Benson. Then you got that defense which could be one of the better defenses UT has had in recent years desite the losses to the D-line (I think it was if mem serves).

I'm hopeful NU can surprise ppl this year. With a totally new coaching staff and an even newer offensive scheme it will be hard to say if they can make it to the North Div title, but if so there is no doubt they would be facing OU or UT this year.

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters