Rate Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Re: Steelers 24 Dallas 20
#60086 10/18/04 04:28 PM
R
local
local
R
I'd like to thank Vinny on that one. He's had a nice career of screwing up against the Steelers (mostly with interceptions). We would have got killed if Tommy Maddox was playing. Dallas puts a lot of pressure on the QB.

We would have stopped the third down and then driven down the field for a field goal or touchdown. hahahhahaha! (just being a good fan here)

#60087 10/18/04 04:43 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
1. I'd like to thank the Steelers for knocking off the hated Cowboys. What a great ending.

2. The Browns come back to earth this weekend when they play Philly.

3. I asked it a couple of weeks ago, and someone suggested Seattle. Now that they have lost 2 in a row, I'll ask again. Is there any team in the NFC that is as good as the Eagles? Or in the NFL other then the Pats.

I never thought I'd say this, but football has been a little boring this year. I kinda miss some of the close games. It's not as exciting when every victory is by double digits.

#60088 10/18/04 05:03 PM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Is there any team in the NFC that is as good as the Eagles?

in the NFC, i would say no.. they have emerged as the best team in the NFC, no question.. but, i would love to see a rematch with the vikings in the playoffs. i think with the vikings offense putting up points like it has been, they can compete with any team, regardless of how bad their defense is. eagles beat em in week 2, but i think they are a better team now.. and will be much better if they meet in the playoffs.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#60089 10/18/04 05:18 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

garcia looked like a hall of famer for the browns on sunday. looks like the browns secondary should send all that pepto-bismol back to chad johnson, with a slice of humble pie..

Yeah except for the 2 intereptions and fumbled snap which gave the Bengals 17 points.

Actually, Chad Johnson handled himself with class after the game. He met with all reporters, answered all their questions, stayed by his locker until every one of them was gone, blamed himself totally for the loss, and took the heat. Kudos.

In reply to:

Is anyone else interested in starting a petition to get Phil Simms out of the broadcast booth?

In reply to:

get soooo tired of mike patrick and joe theismann

I'm tired of just about all of them. They all talk too much and usually about anything else but the game. Somehow, the announcers got the idea that THEY are a large part of the game, rather than realizing they are there to enhance the game. They've lost sight that it's the GAME that matters. But doesn't Pat Summerall add a touch of class to the Sunday night booth?

In reply to:

The Browns come back to earth this weekend when they play Philly.

What makes you think the Browns are off the ground. They've played horribly all season. They just defeated one of the worse teams in the league, after coughing up 4 turnovers which the opposition turned into 17 points, and raised their lofty record to 3 and 3. Woo Woo! There isn't anybody in this town who thinks the Browns will defeat Philly. However! On any Sunday..............

Philly BETTER win, because Philly's got little to gain and much to lose. After all, they're SUPPOSED to win. If they win, they just did what was expected of them. If they LOSE, however..........well, wouldn't that be just awful for them?

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Re: OT-FOOTBALL
#60090 10/18/04 06:00 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

Is anyone else interested in starting a petition to get Phil Simms out of the broadcast booth? The guy drives me nuts with his general comments on a team that may or may not reflect whats actually going on in a game at the time.
Every game I watch, when I hear his voice I cringe.

Amen! He is the worse pro anouncer, please get rid of Brent Muscrapper from the college ranks please. Those two guys are the absoulte worse.

#60091 10/18/04 06:40 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I LOATHE Ment Brussburger...........uh, Bruss Mentburger............whatever! He's absolutely TERRIBLE!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#60092 10/18/04 09:14 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I've got the award for the absolute worst sideline reporter. Tony Saragousa (yes, I'm sure I spelled that wrong). He is just awful. His first partner didn't like him so much, they made him switch what crew he's on. He's still bad. Best example I've seen of stealing money in quite a while.

#60093 10/18/04 09:29 PM
B
bigjohn Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
B
i didnt even know the 'goose' was still doing sideline reporting.. i havent seen him in a few years.. but from what i remember, he wasnt very good.. hence, probably why i havent seen him in a while..

although, i have seen him in a right guard commercial.. he was break-dancing.. yea right...

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#60094 10/20/04 03:43 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
hehe, he's like a bad john madden impersonator.

#60095 10/21/04 04:24 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I must disagree about Summerall.

Yes, he is a legend, but he is very much the epitome of "hanging on for too long". He makes mistakes and is very....what is the word or phrase I am looking for.....he seems to disappear into his own world. It bothers me to see once great people descend in the public eye...and he definitely misses far too many things within the games. Remembering the calls of Madden and Summerall and the Cowboys of the 90's...and seeing where he is now is distrubing.

I actually enjoy the Patrick/Thiesman/??? team.... BUT the way Thiesman and the other guy (Paul McGuire??) argue is grating. I think Thiesman is a good piece, but not Paul.

I agree on the Simms thread.

As for the Browns/Bengals...they are both mdeiocre teams...maybe if the merged!!!!
I think the Rams are going to be better as the season goes on...how good will remain to be seen.

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters