Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I need reassurance.....!!!!!
#67280 11/05/04 02:49 AM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
Help!

I got my Golden e-mail, but the Fedex tracking number (that I've been checking every five minutes!:) ) shows only that the speakers have left their origin 27 hours ago! and don't even show that they've reached a distribution center or anything!

I think I got my wish, the weather is supposed to be mediocre this weekend and I don't think the in-laws are visiting... if the speakers arrive tomorrow I'll have the weekend with them and three less days of torture! (I don't mean to sound cold BTW; the in-laws only live a little under two hours away, we see them every month and we went there just this last weekend!:) )

Do Axioms ALWAYS ship "two day"? Anyone ever have them get held up at customs or something stupid like that?

At least UPS lists "scheduled delivery date" for an item on their tracking page... FedEx says nothing but "Uhhh, Yup. Day left Heya!" (Please read in your best "dumb guy" voice!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Re: I need reassurance.....!!!!!
#67281 11/05/04 02:53 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
I got my 80s in two days here in Illinois.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#67282 11/05/04 03:04 AM
M
local
local
M
Mark I wish I could give you a guarantee they'll be there for tomorrow as I understand the misery you're going through but as I live in Canada so my experience isn't quite the same. I will say though that I got my "Golden email" at 1:30 pm on a Wednesday and Fedex was at my door step the very next day mid-morning and I live on the opposite side of the Country! I have found in tracking things that often it does seem that nothing has moved and then all of a sudden the parcel has been through half a dozen places. Also most people do report get there stuff within two days. So I would say you definitely have a good chance at getting them in time.

My only advice would be to call Fedex tomorrow and make sure they have directions of what to do in the event no one is home ( ie: drop them off at the back door ). Nothing could be worse than knowing they came and didn't leave them cause you weren't home and then finding they wont deliver them until the monday.

So I'd wager you've got a good shot at getting them.

I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for ya

Hang in there, Jag

#67283 11/05/04 03:17 AM
OP Offline
In reply to:

My only advice would be to call Fedex tomorrow and make sure they have directions of what to do in the event no one is home ( ie: drop them off at the back door ).

Actually, I have a business here in my home (so I'm here just about all the time and I didn't schedule any appointments and I get FedEx and UPS deliveries almost daily). Usually, though, if something is "out for delivery" the next day, it should at least show up as having passed through a distribution center or something by now!

I'm half joking, 'cuz it really wouldn't be the end of the world if they didn't come, but as I've admitted to that feeling of "a kid at Christmas", it's gut wrenching to be told: "Ummm, Christmas might be moved to Monday; I'll let you know"!!!

Mostly I'm just curious if there's ever any "customs" issues or anything. "Excuuuuuse me, but I need you to confirm that item is, indeed a working speaker and is not just full of Hashish. Please hook it up so I can ver.....Oooohhh. That sounds niiiiice..... What do you say you leave these boxes here with me and I'll make pretend I didn't see that carton of cigarettes, huh?"

#67284 11/05/04 03:33 AM
the trackng info database isn't always "up-to-the-minute." You'll opnly know where they've been after you signed for the package. That seems to trigger a refresh of information on their website.

In plain English: don't worry. They'll show up on time unless FedEx screws up.

#67285 11/05/04 03:39 AM
I feel your pain, the same thing happened to me. When mine shipped I got the golden email that said I could start tracking them after 7pm. It showed leaving the origin location, and then later that evening showed being at the origin airport ramp, but then the next morning the second entry magically disapeared and it was back to the pickup location. The next evening I was on the phone with Fed Ex and got two differant stories, one it was still at the origin terminal, and the second person said it was in customs in Tennesee, but now sweat, finally at 5am the next morning the tracking finally changed and they were planned to be ready for Pickup at the local Fed Ex facility by noon the second day. I requested HOLD for pickup, to reduce the chance the local delivery guy wouldn't screw something up or drop my m60's.

You'll getum, and when you do, you'll be a happy camper..

Tracking was worthless though, in my opinion.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

#67286 11/05/04 04:36 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Mark, I recommend that you get a tasty beverage and read the beer thread from beginning to end

Two days to Washington state for me. No problems. You should be fine.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#67287 11/05/04 11:53 AM
OP Offline
I appreciate all of your comforting words....but…..

As I check this morning, I see that the speakers went through an "International shipping release" last night at 11:30PM in Memphis.... (I'm in New Hampshire). That means I've lost confidence again!!!

Are these things shipped "air"? I've see everything go through Memphis when shipped via "air". At a shipping weight of 222lbs though, I assumed that these were coming FedEx Freight, a ground/truck service?

It seems amazing that Axiom ships all those speakers via "air"...it must cost of fortune… but that would explain "Memphis". Of course, the other side of the coin could be that they're going through Memphis because of something having to do with Int'l shipping in which case they couldn't get here in time unless they were delivered in a Porsche!!??

See the dilemma?

I know, now.

I know how it needs to work.

When you order "B-stock" Axioms, the anxiety is kept at a high enough level that you're almost over the edge. It's furthered by reports of others on this board stating that they received their Axioms, and food tastes better, sex is better and, oh yeah, music sounds better. Maybe none of you are real. Maybe I'm alone in this forum. Maybe it's an elaborate hoax of Axiom employees designed to keep me a millimeter (metric, of course) away from a breakdown.

Then, when I'm about to go over the edge, Axiom gets me a prescription to calm me down. A prescription of…………………………………………. Wait for it……………………… CANADIAN DRUGS!

I see it now. Axiom is a shill for the Big Drug Companies. It's all about the meds. The men…..in …..the…..suits……………….. he……wasn't……. really…..a……..doctor……. the … helicopters…..at….night….. it's all so clear…..

Seriously- Anyone know if they are "air" shipped?

#67288 11/05/04 12:05 PM
OP Offline
You know... I told myself that before I post that last one, I should check the tracking again. Usually, FedEx stuff that's coming in from Memphis shows that it's arrived at my local sort facility at 6AM~ 6:45AM (as I said, A LOT of stuff gets shipped here) and, anyway, they are here.

So, no need to respond to the previous post.

But, I want you to all know that I'm ON TO YOU now! I know about the conspiricy, so why don't all of you (yes, even those that SAY they're from Texas or Florida or California), just go back to your Canadian Bacon and Hockey and "Mountie" uniforms.

I know,....... now.

#67289 11/05/04 12:26 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It's funny that you bring up "delivered in a porsche". Click here and scroll about halfway down to the picture.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
#67290 11/05/04 12:45 PM
OP Offline
Very cool!

I haven't been here long enough to know that there's sometimes contests and stuff!

#67291 11/05/04 03:54 PM
veteran
veteran
Seriously does anyone know if they ship their stuff by air?

---|---|-O <- My Kitten (Grey and White) Also, accepting donations for the MX-700
#67292 11/05/04 05:46 PM
OP Offline
I think I have an answer to the "air" question, and have an update:

My 350 sub, (2) QS8s, VP150 and (1)...ummm, that's right, (1) M60 arrived. The other, according to the website, is still in Memphis.

My driver/deliveryman said that sometimes, if a plane is full, they "bump" packages for a later flight. I wouldn't expect anyone to understand what it means to get a complete home theater speaker system minus a "main" speaker, but I would have thought that if they show 6 packages together, they would have "bumped" a "single" package.... it's kinda like bumping grandma traveling with her family instead of the single college student

Anyway, there's a possibility that it might be on a different flight, and at the extreme, still be delivered today, or, slightly more possible, I could pick it up. Still, though, the most likely scenario is getting it Monday.

It kinda sucks, but the other side of the coin is that these speakers look great.... I'm very happy with the ones that were delivered. And, if I REALLY try to make lemonade out of this whole thing, I could make a custom CD with some mono, isolated L & R tracks to compare my current speakers to the new ones. Then when the other M60 comes in Monday, I can compare one that's broken in with one right out of the box!

Don't kid yourself, though, if I have half an opportunity to get the other M60 here, you guys will end up continuing the fight about breaking in speakers, 'cuz I'll be enjoying BOTH of mine!

#67293 11/05/04 06:04 PM
OP Offline
Well, I called FedEx.... Evidently that package didn't continue it's journey because it was damaged (I assume pretty severely if they didn't even bother continuing to send it).

With Axiom "closed" on Fridays, I guess my best-case scenerio is now Wednesday or Thursday of next week, and that's only if Axiom is willing to send out a new one or happens to have a "B-stock" of the right finish ready-to-go already.

See? I KNEW I needed reassurance!

Maybe I can enjoy everything anyway if I'm willing to put cotton in one ear?

#67294 11/05/04 06:11 PM
veteran
veteran
Man, that has got to hurt -- only one main speaker? It is too bad that a great company like Axiom has to rely on a shipping company that would do something like this (even though they most likely did not look at what was in the packages.. if axiom was in charge of things like this I'm sure that they would have made sure that your mains arrived together and a single speaker like the sub or possibly the center would have been bumped back.)

You just have no luck with this order, do you? I feel your pain, man :-)

EDIT: ah, a damaged packege -- now I know that you REALLY have no luck!

Last edited by Lexxen; 11/05/04 06:12 PM.

---|---|-O <- My Kitten (Grey and White) Also, accepting donations for the MX-700
#67295 11/05/04 07:54 PM
Well, you could try to solve the old controversy about using QS speakers as fronts...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#67296 11/05/04 08:32 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Good one Ken. Since he's got some time on his hands, why not?

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

#67297 11/05/04 08:36 PM
I actually tried it briefly with QS4s, but it was late at night, so the volume was low. Didn't sound bad to me.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#67298 11/05/04 08:38 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Mark, my condolences to your dead m60, may it rest in peace.
In reply to: "just go back to your Canadian Bacon and Hockey and "Mountie" uniforms". Well two out of three aint' bad. As I shed a tear for my beloved NHL.

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

#67299 11/05/04 09:32 PM
aficionado
aficionado
hey mark,is reassurance another word for prozak in your second language

#67300 11/05/04 11:34 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Mark
Take 2 zanex, and post us in the morning.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
Replacement shipped already.....!!!!!
#67301 11/06/04 12:36 AM
OP Offline
I want to take a moment to let everyone know, once again, of Axioms' "Above and Beyond" customer Service.

When I spoke to the FedEx rep regarding the damaged speaker, I was told that they would be contacting the sender (Axiom) as a matter of policy, but it may not be a bad idea for me to do so also. So, I dropped Amie an e-mail, knowing full well that they were closed today and she wouldn't see it till Monday. Then, I took my wife out to dinner…we both had stressful days and it was easy to justify dinner at a little Italian restaurant.

Well, when we came home, there were two e-mails from Amie. One was a standard "Golden e-mail" giving me a tracking number for a new speaker she shipped! Wow- I didn't' expect any response from my e-mail on a Friday! And they already sent a speaker too!

The second e-mail was a personal one from Amie apologizing for the trouble- like it was Axioms' fault! Then, she writes that the replacement speaker that she sent was shipped overnight (not two-day) so I would have it Monday! I can't imagine what it must cost to ship an M60 overnight from out of the country!

Talk about going "above and beyond"….! Really, I'm floored in how Amie went SO far in "righting" a problem that wasn't even her fault in the first place!

I thought it would be very appropriate to thank her in a public forum, and let those who are considering an Axiom purchase know how incredible this company is!

BTW- the speakers are great, though I haven't had a chance to do much with them. I'll write up a nice "review" or "first impressions" with some photos the first chance I get!

Re: Replacement shipped already.....!!!!!
#67302 11/06/04 12:40 AM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Bray, it's "Xanax". Or so they tell me. I wouldn't really know for sure or anything.

Mark, thanks for sharing your experience. It's always tough when you're "This close" to something you want.

But yeah, hook up those QS8's as mains That's come up a few times, and you should have time this weekend to do a definitive review.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020