Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Need some recommendations while I wait....
#7134 12/04/02 02:44 PM
Shilex Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I finally decided to go with Axioms after days of going back and forth between Axioms and Klipschs. Got the M22ti for fronts and the VP150 as a center. I ordered them just two days ago and they should be arriving here at my house shortly. Don't use Fedex too much, so I'm hoping there won't be any problems with the packages (like with UPS around here). I'm pretty excited since I am purchasing these speakers based soley on other people's experiences. I think these will be a pretty good match for my Denon 3802 receiver and my HT needs.
Just wondering, while I sit here waiting, if anyone has any good recommendations on some CDs I can test out my system with. Even though I'm mainly a HT person, I like to start out with music to get a feel.

Re: Need some recommendations while I wait....
#7135 12/04/02 03:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur

#7136 12/04/02 07:58 PM
veteran
veteran
get Patricia Barbers' Modern Cool, Companion, and Verse.

#7137 12/04/02 09:20 PM
M
devotee
devotee
M
Welcome aboard Shilex.. Good to see ya made the right choice.. These Axioms are a tuff deal to beat.. And, I see you have the same Denon 3802.. Another smart move, if I do say so myself.. (And I believe I just did ?) I own the same.. Hopefully you own a turntable and some vinyle to lay down.. The Denon has phono input capability.. You will be really impressed with the sound over what ever you once had.. Try some Jazz, or anything airy and/or with acoustic guitar.. Amazzzzing sounds.. As for CD's, try Eric Claptons "Pilgrim", 1998 Reprise Records.. The enginering on this disk is superb.. You get 'all' the music, not just the highs or lows.. Lots and lots of full range stuff, that will let ya listen to those Twenty Twos like they were meant to be, LOUD ! Opps, I mean, at reference levels.. (I need to learn to use more of these professional sounding terms, eh?)
PS: I work for FEDEX, and the Axiom/Fedex deal works like magic.. Very fast delivery..
PSS: What's yer plans for a sub? (Get two)
Keep us posted.. Enjoy..

LFE ! The rest is just details..
#7138 12/04/02 11:19 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

PS: I work for FEDEX, and the Axiom/Fedex deal works like magic.. Very fast delivery..

Sure. Only took me a few weeks to get mine!

:rolleyes:

#7139 12/05/02 01:45 PM
devotee
devotee
Gotta love that discount shipping...

#7140 12/05/02 08:04 PM
M
devotee
devotee
M
Yeah, I hear ya.. We (Im a dispatcher, no longer on road) hear about long delays with ground pkgs, but the express stuff is still hard to beat.. Costly, but it does work.. The ground guys are union ! Nuff said, eh ?
My Axioms were delivered on time.. Actually, by noon the 2nd day ! No complaints.. But this is So Cal, and things just seem to move fast around here..

LFE ! The rest is just details..
#7141 12/05/02 10:53 PM
Shilex Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, first off, thanks for the replies. I don't have a turntable so can't take advantage of that just yet. I'll try some of the other recommendations though.

I received the speakers on Wednesday at around 11:00 here in Georgia. The M22ti's that I bought were the factory blemished ones. I only noticed a slight wrinkle in the vinyl on the back of one of the speakers (hardly noticable at all). The other speaker I have yet to find any faults at all. I even noticed a very very small chip in the vinyl on my new VP150, and yet I couldn't find anything on the factory refurbished M22ti. Pretty good.

Hey, MIKEY, just wondering what your channel level settings are for your center and mains. While playing my center all day I noticed that it sounds somewhat subdued and muffled on dialogue. The mains sound amazing on the other hand (very crisp and detailed, with a large soundstage). How long did it take you to break in the center and how does it sound? I was kinda expecting it to be brighter (but I do understand I haven't completely broken it in yet).

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044