AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (Socketman), 131 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22898 Topics
404612 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17782
pmbuko 16280
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10900
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71616 - 12/12/04 12:00 PM Speakers for Denon UD-M50
KBear Offline

Hey guys,

I will probably pick up a Denon UD-M50 microsystem (30W/channel) this week. They are typically sold without speakers, or paired with Missions which I don't particularly want. So I'm looking at speakers and I have narrowed it down to these:

Axiom M3ti
Paradigm Atoms/Titans
Energy C-1

I'm really leaning towards the Axioms because of their stats and amazing reviews. Will use the system in a small room mainly for hard rock (eg. GN'R). They will be placed about 9 inches away from the wall.

Comments? Is this a good match...ie. Denon/Axiom? Will the system be good for hard rock? Is the placement a concern? I've read that having them close to the wall will improve bass, but too close is obviously bad b/c they are rear ported. I'm hoping 9 inches is fine.

Our big stereo is like 30 years old and not very good - the sound is very muffled so I don't even use it. I mainly listen to a twelve year old Sony boombox with integrated speakers, which for what it is I think is actually pretty darn good. Obviously though, I think the Denon should be head and shoulders better and I feel it's time to upgrade to something nice. A real home theatre is years away and I like to listen in this particular room...which is why I'm getting the micro.

If I decide to save some money, I could buy the Yamaha MCR-E300 instead of the Denon, and still match it with one of the above named speakers. So feel free to commment on that system as well. (But I really like the Denon!).

Thanks.

#71617 - 12/12/04 12:26 PM Re: Speakers for Denon UD-M50
FordPrefect Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Ancaster, Ontario
I currently own a pair of Titans, they are down the basement gathering dust, IF I ever go to 7.1 they can be the back speakers.

I have heard the M3tis and to my ears they were a "bigger" sounding speaker. If I had to choose I'd go with the Axioms even though Atoms/Titans are also good small speakers.

My evaluation is totally unscientific. The speakers weren't in the same city never mind the same room when I heard them .

You also may want to consider future purchases when making your decision if having all speakers the same brand is important to you.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.