Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Huh?
#71685 12/20/04 02:07 PM
slownlo Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
And may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits...did you come up with that all by yourself?

#71686 12/20/04 02:40 PM
slownlo Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
"My Reference 3a Supremas and Sim Audio Moon W5 amp can beat up your puny Krell and Thiel (cardboard and tin cans) setup any day weenie"!!!!!

(lol) they probably could!

There are a LOT of people on this message board that over react to anyone who says anything adverse about the Axioms. I personally think they are NOT discerning in the detail (or lack thereof) they provide...those folks that took offense to that are behaving just an itsy bitsy bit bitchy in my pov...

I didn't say I didn't like them (not that that matters), I did imply that I could have better spent my $1300 on a used pair that would have gotten me closer to the sonic detail I am looking for...apples and oranges? radioshack and Axiom? I reiterate...huh? I wasn't trying to compare the Axioms with Theils (there IS no comparison)...My bottom line is performance for MY dollar... and a used pair of CS 2.2's that cost $1300 will (subjectively) out perform a pair of brand new pair of M80i's that cost $1300 any day of the week. Why? Because the of the painstaking design craftsmanship and care that goes into making a pair of Theils, Sonus Fabers, etc... doesn't exist in a product that is produced and sold based on a mass market, scaled economy approach...but I am sure you all know that, but I think some of you are just blinded by your sense of community here and your loyalty to a brand name to truly be subjective at all, much much much to the contrary...

Heck,...I took the praise on good faith from the same people who are now "insulted" by my remark and used it for the basis of my descision to buy them in the first place. Maybe I expected too much, but from the posts here you would think that the Axioms were the best thing since...well....Axioms! (lol) but ANYWAY, before I am accused of simply wanting to hear myself talk...I will attempt to supply some real feedback, relative to my listening experience with the M80i's as soon as I am done with the "mob"...(lol)

My intention was not to cause dissension...

#71687 12/20/04 02:41 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Proved me right, didn't he. Obviously incapable of responding with anything resembling intelligence, and without sounding like a 14 year old. It's like dueling with an unarmed man. Oh well!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#71688 12/20/04 02:54 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

I personally think they are NOT discerning in the detail (or lack thereof) they provide

Ah the last bastion of the incorrect; to wit, altering what they said. Since you've obviously changed horses in mid stream, allow me to return you to the one upon which you arrived.

"I bought a pair of the M80i's (out of curiosity) and got rid of them...they are ok for the "undiscerning listener."

In your initial post, You didn't say the Axioms that were "undiscerning" in detail, You said those who like them are "undiscerning listeners." I reiterate. NOBODY minds if you you find the Axioms lacking, and say so. But when you insult those who don't, you're going to get the same in return. It would be nice if you'd just say "whoops. Sorry guys. Didn't mean to insult you." Then we could move on to more important things.

Jack

#71689 12/20/04 03:08 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
well said jack..

SLOW- that is the issue.. we dont care if you dont really like the speakers. everyone has different tastes, and different preferances. thats why they make different speakers. i believe everyones problem is when you imply that all of us are wrong, because we DO like them. throw in your insults, and character jabs, and you got what was coming to ya.

if you wish to objectively talk speakers, then please stay.. if you want to continue to insult us and be generally unpleasant, then please go.. its a pretty simple concept.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#71690 12/20/04 03:19 PM
axiomite
axiomite
You said it better, John.

Jack

#71691 12/20/04 03:37 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Well, I think you BOTH said it equally well!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#71692 12/20/04 03:44 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
I hope you did not link all of your points in this email to me, as I was probably the closest to understanding your view point.

I put forth the pieces in my system ONLY to illustrate to you exactly what the others in this thread have mentioned - we did not say with any thought, what we did not like about the equipment in question - we simply started tossing insults. If you had stated clear, concise feelings, you may have received a warmer response. I do agree, and stated this, that some people on this board get easily offended when anyone dislikes Axiom. HOWEVER, primarily this is caused by people bent on a more insulting tact.

If they are not your fancy - great.
If they are the best you have ever heard - cool.

PS - I rather enjoyed a listening session I had with the 2.4's - and at one point I met Jim Thiel while in Kentucky for some IT consulting work.

#71693 12/20/04 05:12 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Slownlo, I've been posting on this board for many years and don't recall any posts as unpleasant as yours. Looks to me like you were trolling for a fight and when you got the response you hoped for, you responded with a bad natured insulting screed of posts.

You don't have to like Axiom speakers, but you start out by insulting folks who do and then end up with mindless trash talk. We won't hold your bad behavior against Thiel speakers - great speakers, BTW.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#71694 12/20/04 06:36 PM
devotee
devotee
BigJohn - I'm with you on this one.

Slow - After reading your post, your juvenile responses, and the seeing your general contempt and disrespect for the people of this forum, I have to ask you.....Why are you here? Other than a prepubescent joy of insulting people to get a rise out of them, I can't seem to understand why you actually would spend your time on this forum. If you have nothing of value to say about Axiom's product and have no respect for the members of this forum, then please do us all a favor and run on over to the AVS forums. There, you can exist w/ the rest of the trolls ruining productive threads just to give yourself a sense of worth.

This is the last time I post to this thread, as this clown is not worth the effort.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters