AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (CV, Spoiler, pmbuko), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22902 Topics
404773 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17783
pmbuko 16282
SirQuack 13337
CV 11212
MarkSJohnson 10911
Meanwhile On Facebook

Ian and Andrew join in the debate about whether or not people want uncompressed...

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#751 - 01/02/02 09:05 PM Importance of speaker stands (spikes)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently bought a pair of M22Ti's and love them. I currently have them on some inexpensive stands w/o spikes, resting on carpet.

Will buying new stands with spikes improve my sound? If so, how much? What effect will they have on the sound? I wouldn't necessarily buy really expensive stands, just something decent that comes with spikes.

#752 - 01/03/02 07:04 AM Re: Importance of speaker stands (spikes)?
Ian Offline
President
aficionado

The purpose of the spikes is to isolate the speaker from the floor when it is carpeted. For non-carpeted floors the isolation is still important but rubber or plastic for the foot works well without harming the floor surface. The effect you will hear from this isolation will vary depending on your environment but the result is a tighter bass response. Our CSS2 stand will work for your application. The CSS2 stand comes with both spikes and rubber feet and has a solid post connecting the top and bottom plates of the stand. The top is also cut to fit the shape of the M22.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.