How I Love My Axioms
#77434 01/17/05 12:19 PM
H
Helbore Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
H
Hi all I'm new here. I just wanted to say how much I love my Axiom speakers.

I've had them about 2 months now and am very lucky I got them. Originally, I was planning to build my first proper home theatre setup. I had very little knowledge of what I was doing and my first choice for speakers was the Bose Acoustimass system, seeing as I'd heard soooooo many salesmen praising them. Fortunately, I decided to do a little research first and checked out some consumer reviews, practically all of which were poor at best. Interestingly, though, there was one guy who praised Bose for producing decent speakers that were small enough not to piss his wife off, but also said that if he had the sapce, he could of got a far superior system from some company called Axiom.

That peaked my interest and, as I'd now decided that Bose was clearly not the god's gift to ears that my local shops seemed to make out, I decided to check out the Axiom consumer reviews. All were glowing and stressed how much the speakers were not only good, but better than many that were several times the price.

So I plumped for a pait of M22s, a VP 150, 4 QS8s and an EP500. The Axiom saleswoman was incredibly helpful and sorted through all the problems we had regarding payment (I live in the UK and there were some stupid problems with the credit card company) and the further problems regarding customs (they obviously thought my speakers were loaded with coke!)

Of my entire new system, I was expecting to be impressed the most by the new 50" plasma HDTV, but it was the Axioms that blew me away. I'd often heard the term "soundstaging" bandied about on HT and audiophile forums, but I never really experienced it until hooked these babies up. More than that, I could now hear sounds in films and music that I'd never heard before. AT ALL!!! It was like having totally new stuff to listen to.

The only downside... my cat slinks around on his belly during any excessive bass output from the sub. Poor thing thinks there's a storm approaching!

Anyway, I love my Axioms so much. They've totally changed my listening experience and I thank the guys at Axiom for producing a quality product at a not-extortionate price.

Re: How I Love My Axioms
#77435 01/17/05 01:25 PM
Nat Offline
old hand
old hand
congrats on the setup.

I am a newbie Axiomite and I echo everything you said. They shipped my speakers further and were in very good condition. They were also very helpful in answering my questions about placement ... etc.

I Love my Axioms too ...

------ M80, VP150, QS8 Surr, QS8 Back Surr Sunfire Amp -M80, Denon 3805 -all else, SVS 20-39 PC+
#77436 01/17/05 01:42 PM
H
Helbore Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
H
I also should have added that there was a problem with my EP500 when I got it, or rather the fact that my amp isn't properly earthed meant it put out a nasty hum. I emailed Axiom with the problem and within 10 minutes I had the guy who designed the sub ringing me up with advice.

Now what other company gives you support like that?

#77437 01/17/05 02:34 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
It's great to see your input Helbore. Welcome to the discussions. Can you provide any pictures?

#77438 01/17/05 03:30 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Welcome aboard!

I'm very happy you are enjoying your Axiom speakers. I've had mine now for about 6 months, and it seems everytime I listen to one of my old CD's or DVD movies, I'm always astonished at what I'm hearing. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy....

Randy

M60's, VP150, EP350, 4 Qs8's
Denon 2805

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

#77439 01/17/05 04:00 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Welcome Helbore. I just LOVE having folks from other countries on the forum. (I'm sitting here chuckling at myself. I almost used the word "foreign" rather than "other," when I remembered that Axiom is a Canadian company, and I'm in the U.S. Thus, I'M in the foreign country )

Just for your edification, Helbore, Nat is from Oman, and English is his second language. As you can see, much to his credit, he uses it fluently. Now, if you folks in the U.K. just spoke English, everything would be fine. For the uninitiated, "earthed" translates to "grounded" in this part of the world.

We have an "expatbrit" (his screen name) here on the forum who is one of your fellow countrymen who has been transplanted (to Minnesota, I believe). And, we have a "Britrover" also, though I cannot, say for certain, that he's from your part of the world. "Zathras" is in South Africa.

I laughed at your customs problems. When I was in Viet Nam, there was a fellow in our unit who had his tour of duty over there extended because he tried to smuggle home some marijuana (Remember! It was 1970.). Guess where he had it hidden. YUP! In his speakers.

Glad you're here, and I'm VERY glad you're enjoying your Axioms. Your experience with the sound of the Axioms closely parallels most of ours; eye opening, to say the least. Hope you stick around and remain a contributor.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#77440 01/17/05 04:01 PM
local
local
Welcome to the club. Like you I was new to Home Theater too. I have only had my speakers for a month. I am still impressed by the speakers on movies. I still have not listened to much music on them yet. I went to the movies last night and was thinking that the movie would sound better in my home. The volume was quite loud but it was not nearly as clear or detailed as my Axioms. All I need now is a bigger TV and I dont think I will even go to the movies anymore.

M80ti's, VP150, QS8's
#77441 01/17/05 08:58 PM
H
Helbore Offline OP
regular
OP Offline
regular
H
Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome!!

I used to know a lot about home theatre when I set up my original system about 5 years ago. I was much poorer then and it consisited of a Toshiba 37" CRT (which weighed 22 stone!!) Mission 77 series centre and surround, a pair of speakers my dad built in the 70s and a Sony amp and DVD player. I studied on the net long and hard, looking into all this stuff I couldn't afford, but promptly forgot it all again once I had my system!

I've now got a 50" sony plasma HDTV, a Sony amp, a Sony DVD recorder (I've got a mate who works at the local Sony Galleria so I got good deals on all that!!) a Denon DVD-A11 (which is absolutely fabulous) and my M22s, VP150, QS8s and EP500.

Now all I need is Sky TV to start broadcasting HD content over here

I'll try and get some pictures of my new setup up sometime soon so you can have a look.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044