AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
6 registered (Captain4105, richeydog, exlabdriver, Serenity_Now, Ken.C, oakvillematt), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13330 Members
11 Forums
22922 Topics
405245 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17791
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11237
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

☺ Wow - our 13,000 likes! Awesome! #thankful

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7841 - 01/09/03 05:08 PM Gold Series, Ti Series and DIY series speakers
2x6spds Offline
connoisseur

Loc: CA, USA
I think a DIY series is a good idea. I just bought the Vance Dickason Titanic subwoofer kit from Partsexpress.com and it has received excellent reviews. They were sold out and I'm waiting for the next shipment, so there is certainly a market.

I also think Axiom should come out with a premium line of speakers, based on each current Axiom speaker model. What I suggest is the absolutely drop-dead gorgeous faux Rosewood finish used on the Michaura speakers, upgraded capacitors, resistors, silver internal wire, and maybe even Vifa or Scanspeak or Morel drivers.

So, for example, Axiom would have the M3Ti, the DIY M3 and the M3 Gold Series. Axiom could triple its model offerings and target three distinct markets with essentially the same basic product. Just a thought.

#7842 - 01/09/03 07:10 PM Re: Gold Series, Ti Series and DIY series speakers
DanTana Offline
veteran

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Excellent points you brought up. I wasn't thinking of upgrading, but that's always possible too. But even if the crossovers, raw speakers were availabe with unfinished cabinets to let the user put whatever they want...say birdseye maple? Scan-speak, Vifa, and Focal, are great speakers, Dynaudio used to make kits available. http://www.northcreekmusic.com specializes in nothing but DIY kits.

#7843 - 01/10/03 03:54 PM Re: Gold Series, Ti Series and DIY series speakers
DanTana Offline
veteran

Here is another DIY subwoofer kit I found http://www.northcreekmusic.com/Drivers/Poseidon1.htm

#7844 - 01/14/03 09:59 AM Re: Gold Series, Ti Series and DIY series speakers
DanTana Offline
veteran

Let me know when you get that sub kit how it works out for you. There was another using a 15" woofer on partsexpress. The Poseiden looks great too on northcreekmusic.

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.